TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Opps - Remote S crashes

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by xprmntlav8r, Mar 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. xprmntlav8r

xprmntlav8r New Member

It would appear that the 8.1 update has done something to the Remote S app. I've tried it from my iPad and iPhone and the app immediately crashes. Also tried rebooting the devices to no avail.
    Anybody know how to contact Allen Wong the developer?

2. AllenWong

AllenWong Member

After I looking through my code and doing some testing, it looks like Remote S already has protection from when Tesla removes fields. I don't know what the cause of the crash is then. I would need someone's login with 8.1 to see what's causing the crash. I'm currently in Taiwan using a hotel wifi to try to update the app. If someone can PM their login info who has 8.1 and is experiencing crashes, I will try to get this update pushed out before I have to check out of the hotel in 6 hours. Otherwise, it'll have to wait until I get wifi again, which will probably be 24 hours from now.

3. xprmntlav8r

xprmntlav8r New Member

It appears that the problem was an iOS thing. After updating to iOS 10.3 and re-downloading the Remote S app, all the software starting to play nice with each other again. Thanks to Allen Wong for looking into the problem and determining that it was not a Remote S app problem. All is well.

• Informative x 1