Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opti-Coat Exterior Protection and Detailing

Higgy

Mar 20, 2014
Melbourne Australia
I didn't discuss this - have a chat to Dan. I don't have young kids and the dog will be kept in the boot.

I have been told that the leather already has a protective coating..I will put clear vinyl over the metal door well plates as well as rim protectors.

Dborn

Confirmed
Aug 26, 2011
Sydney, Australia
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender 2.jpg
FullSizeRender 3.jpg
OK. Picked up the car today. Window tint using a ceramic tint to maximum allowable in Australia. Plus Opticoat pro+, Optiguard interior, Glass treatment.
Wow!!! the effect is amazing. David is a really nice guy who usually works with his father, who is on holidays at present, which may explain why he needed the car for a day and a half. He did the job alone.

TesAus

Mar 4, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Looks great David!

If it is not rude to ask roughly what did it cost and do you know what the breakdown was between the different treatments?

Also where did you get it done? - OK went back a few posts and figured this one out!

Last edited:

Higgy

Mar 20, 2014
Melbourne Australia
OK. Picked up the car today. Window tint using a ceramic tint to maximum allowable in Australia. Plus Opticoat pro+, Optiguard interior, Glass treatment.
Wow!!! the effect is amazing. David is a really nice guy who usually works with his father, who is on holidays at present, which may explain why he needed the car for a day and a half. He did the job alone.

Looks good!

Dborn

Confirmed
Aug 26, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Looks great David!

If it is not rude to ask roughly what did it cost and do you know what the breakdown was between the different treatments?

Also where did you get it done? - OK went back a few posts and figured this one out!
just over $1400.00. But I chose the dearer film, and no, I don't have a breakdown, sorry.

JFK

Apr 15, 2014
Perth Western Australia
What happens if you have an accident?

Do you have to Opti-Coat the whole car again or can you just do the repair area?

Probably a good idea to let your insurance company know so that you are covered.

Dborn

Confirmed
Aug 26, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Good one Melocom. Done in Parramatta? Try to keep it dry for at least a week. I did not wash for at least 3 weeks. Makes a huge difference when washing. So easy.

meloccom

Moderator Aus/NZ
Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2008
Sydney Australia
Yes, David at Reflect Effect applied it and he also applied an Opticoat interior treatment too.
I wouldn't normally do this as I keep my car pretty clean but I'll be keeping this car a long time.
Going back in a couple of months to get paint protection film to the front, bonnet, wing mirrors and a couple of other vulnerable spots.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC