Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opti-Coat Exterior Protection and Detailing

EV-Lution

Mar 13, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Just had my car Opti coated by Matt @ Top Notch Car Care. Went with Matt as he comes to you.

Car looks fantastic. There were some scratches when I took delivery and fine swirls throughout the paintwork... the price you pay for a black car I guess. All gone now however.

Matt commented it's one of the softest paints he has come across so hopefully this protects it for a while.

Few photos from my phone:
IMAG0764-Med.jpg

IMAG0767-Med.jpg

IMAG0768-Med.jpg

Reactions: Indpowr

mccrum

Jan 1, 2015
Australia
I ended up getting this self healing coat put on - which has been incredible. Feynlab self heal I think it was called. Drove the car in the storm in Melbourne over the weekend besides being impressed with the cars handling in the wet - was bizarre to see how the water flew from the car.

Jays200

Apr 1, 2016
Perth, Western Australia

mccrum

Jan 1, 2015
Australia
It was around $2k AUD. They did say it would be a lot less for a new car - as there is less work to do on it. My car had quite a few scratches on it.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC