TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Opti-coat installer in Sonoma County

Discussion in 'California' started by Merrill, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Looking for a recommendation to have Opti-Coat applied by a shop in Marin or Sonoma County.

2. JPP

JPP Active Member

...maybe you want to make the trip to Orinda...see Joe @ Orinda Auto Detail. He has cornered the East Bay market on 'pefecting' Model S (over 60 to date).

3. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Yes, I was hoping to find a place closer. Do not know how long I would have to hang around and what I would do while waiting.

4. JPP

JPP Active Member

...more than hanging around. My 3 month old multi-coat red, which I really took care of, still had a bunch of very fine scratches. Joe spent about 8 hours just detailing/prepping it, then did the OptiCoat (he pulls the wheels and does all of the surfaces, plus does the glass and the plastic and the black rubber skirt). Even on a brand new fresh from Fremont S he needs a full day, and usually a day-and-a-half. YMMV.

5. JPP

JPP Active Member

...note that Joe will travel out of the East Bay....(joe--at--orindaautodetail--dot--com)