Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opti-coat Pro VS Ceramic Pro

Opti-coat vs Ceramic Pro

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
while back for my M3 I paid someone to do the ceramic but for my MY I did myself with no prior experience and it was real good. Now they've Black Friday deal-get it done -save money & feel good of the sweat equity on the car you love.
AvalonKing | Quality Automotive Ceramic Coating Products
Did you do an IPA Wipe Down before applying the Avalon King? I was on a chat with Dale at Avalon and he recommended this but have seen a number of YouTube videos that don't recommend using IPA on vehicle paint. Like this one:

Last edited:
Thanks for the video. He is spot on and actually knows what he is talking about (I'm a ChemE major here)

Here is the thing about a lot ceramic coating companies. Many of them OEM from the same chemical blender and rely on marketing to advocate their products (I don't know anything about Avalon King and this is not a direct at them) so I would be very cautious when they are offering advices.

Edit: adding one example of OEM company..... this company makes products for over 400 brands. Point is that if the company doesn't have a chemical team like Meguiar's, Turtles, or 303.... it most likely is just a brand.

B&B Blending

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Itsuo-DC and tbwnm