Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opti-cost pro plus vs System X Diamond

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been there, done that.

My installer used to install the Opti-Coat Pro Plus when I booked with him. However, he was suspended by Opti-Coat and later switched to system X because of his generosity to gave out discount (sort of) to the forum members here. I was hesitated and did my research but not much information about the system X out there. I decided to stay with the installer because I hate monopoly. It's just a coating, I told myself at that time, the car will eventually get dinged or scratched sooner or later. No matter what kind of coating you get, or even ppf won't help.

It's been 3 months after my car get coated with system x now. I couldn't be more happier with the quality of the installation of the coating and the correction of the paint. No swirls or other defect on the surface at all! At the very beginning, my wife and I really enjoying the glossy of the paint and water bedding especially bedding on the roof. every time we went for supercharge or parked beside a black Tesla, my wife will say, "see, this one is not coated, we are shinier than it!". For me, that alone worth the money. ;) Now we have past that time because we got used to it. I don't know how long will the coating last but the warranty says lifetime. We'll see how it holds up next year in the annual refresh.

My car was actually got hit twice in the last few weeks. One time with an a*hole opened his door too wide and dinged my door. I can see a dent on my car but the paint seems undamaged. The other time was a hit-and-run in a parking lot, the front bumper was hit. I can see couple of dents on my front bumper. One spot got the paint damaged. I'm not sure but I guess the coating helped protected the paint a little bit?

My car was actually got hit twice in the last few weeks. One time with an a*hole opened his door too wide and dinged my door. I can see a dent on my car but the paint seems undamaged. The other time was a hit-and-run in a parking lot, the front bumper was hit. I can see couple of dents on my front bumper. One spot got the paint damaged. I'm not sure but I guess the coating helped protected the paint a little bit?

No paint coating will prevent or reduce the damage from a door ding. Some of the ceramic coatings advertising protection against scratches/rocks etc is total BS.

No paint coating will prevent or reduce the damage from a door ding. Some of the ceramic coatings advertising protection against scratches/rocks etc is total BS.

I get what you are saying. The coating puts only micron meters, if lucky, of thickness to its best. I read those before I made the decision and I'm not expect bulletproof from it. That's also one of the reason why I choose the lower cost (not really, if you can't get discount) coating: if the benefit really comes down to the few limited things, why bother to spend much more on it?

I'm more worry about swirl mark. Does any coating prevent that?
I have the opticoat pro plus. So far so good. Very happy with it.

They're both pretty much the same, I went with opticoat since they're the same company that made the ONR solution and that's widely praised to be the best rinseless car wash solution out there. But you should be fine with both.