Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opti or Ceramic Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my X last week and loving the car so far. No issues so far apart from the upgraded music system sounds awful after I turn the volume up to 6+.

I am now trying to figure out my paint protection options.

I am in Greater Boston area. Called two detailers referred most in these forums - SeaJay's Detailing in Billerica and Unique Car care in Stoneham. Each gave me conflicting answers. Rick at UCC says he stopped doing Opti Pro because he thinks it is not that great a product. SeaJay's told me that they don't do Ceramic Pro because it is overpriced and does not deliver to the promise! I am confused and want to get this done quickly.

Quotes I got so far:

Seajay's - Opti Pro+ $1395, XPEL partial + (complete hood, front bumper, side mirrors, partial fenders) : 1200

Rick at UCC: Ceramic Pro - 5 year warranty - $995, XPEL - 1200 (Seajay matched the price when I told them...not sure what he would have quoted otherwise)

Need to make a decision soon....all help appreciated.

My advice, rather than picking one brand or the other. Is to invest in finding the right SHOP/INSTALLER, which in reality is the most important factor to the equation. Detailers all have their reasons for picking one coating brand over the other, for us its providing our clients with the absolute best performance/quality, for others it may be popularity or profit or one of many other variables. But invest in the shop and have them find the best product/package that fits your vehicle and its needs.

Reactions: Fresh Start Detail