TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Opticoat complete...

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Muzzman1, Mar 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

and so is our stable....
    We are so in love with TeslaMotors!

Thanks Elon and everyone for creating these beauties!
    IMG_2925.jpg
    IMG_2926.jpg
    IMG_2928.jpg IMG_2929.jpg IMG_2930.jpg

• Like x 1
  2. EV Family

EV Family Like Tesla

It's a beauty...and the tint looks marvelous too!

• Like x 1
  3. pluginx007

pluginx007 MXCar :)

Is there a reason the door handles don't line up?

4. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

I'm actually very pleased with the fitment of the panels and door handles etc. Maybe camera angles exaggerate some alignments? Either way, I could not be more pleased. I am VERY particular about details, and still I'm very happy.

5. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

Really a beautiful couple. How much of the car was opitcoated? Just pulled the trigger on our X today and plan to have some opticoat done as well.

• Like x 1
  6. pluginx007

pluginx007 MXCar :)

Yes i think its the angle. I noticed in the 2nd photo they line up.

7. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

Opticoat Pro-Plus was $850. I have him $900, as he did some touch up on my MS as well. He does great work and worth every penny. He's an authorized installer, but really, I've used him now for 2 yrs on 4 Tesla's, and could not be happier with the results. Even if it might be considered pricey. I'm not sure what the going rates are.

8. Scrith

Scrith Member

Quick question: if I'm going to get partial Xpel coverage (front, side mirrors, etc.), should I have the Opticoat done before or after the Xpel is installed?

9. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

Let me clarify here.....I did NOT have Opticoat Pro-Plus installed. I apologize for mis-informing you folks. Apparently some installers balked at my low price. That is the reason the price was low, because it was not Pro-Plus