TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Opticoat group buy

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by HHHH, Jul 25, 2014.

1. HHHH

HHHH Member

I just spoke to Mario @ MAD Detailing regarding the group buy prospect that I discussed with some of you recently. He said the average person has spent $1800-$2000 on the OptiCoat, plus everything that goes along with making the car look flawless.

What we agreed upon was minimum 10+ cars in order for it to make sense.
    Retail Value $1800-$2000

GROUP BUY PRICE $1,550

He was very hesitant to offer a group buy because he did not want to alienate his previous customer who have paid more, etc. So he has agreed to give 2 free washes to those who have already had their vehicle OptiCoated. He is planning on starting this group buy work on September 1, about a month from now.

Now for the list:
    1. Hussain

2. shrink

shrink Member

I don't mean to troll your thread and I realize regional prices might vary, but here in Phoenix, I had the Optic Coat done on a used Model S I recently bought and my Roadster. This involved full detail, 3-4 step paint correction, and then the Opti Coat. List price for the Opti Coat on the Model S was $939.75. I was able to negotiate lower than that because I was having both cars done - closer to $800 for the Model S and $500 for the Roadster.

Both the retail and group buy price seem steep to me. Again, I realize regional pricing might vary, so I just thought I'd put what I paid out there.

3. DieAbetic

DieAbetic Member

Another data point: Here in California I've been quoted anywhere from $500-$1000+ for OptiCoat on Model S, depending on amount of detailing and paint correction needed prior to application.

4. HHHH

HHHH Member

Shrink,

Thanks for the heads up I didn't know that was the going rate, if that's correct. I just heard some others in our group say that they were paying on average $1,800 which is what the OptiCoat guy confirmed. Another gal from our group, recently paid $2,500 because her car needed extensive correction. I'll ask the guy again though just to be sure.

5. HHHH

HHHH Member

you guys are absolutely correct, I just talked to Mario and cleared up some of the confusion. A brand new off the showroom car would be $799, and a car that's been washed a few times would need correction, and thus, be more expensive to correct. Not to exceed $1,550 (this service would normally be $1,800-$2,000). This is what my car needs so apologies for mis-speaking earlier.

6. Zroiron

Zroiron Poodle Pack Leader

Are we comparing Opticoat and Opticoat Pro here? I know the Pro is more expensive.

7. HHHH

HHHH Member

This is the top of the line version I believe, so I assume that's opticoat Pro. The pricing would be as stated above, $799 for new cars + any additional paint correction. Let me know if you want to sign up.

8. SummerlinModelS

Hey Hussain...no offense here, but Mario's standard price is $799 for Opticoat Pro (yes Pro only) plus whatever paint correction time is required.

9. HHHH

HHHH Member

None taken, I'll ask him about that, I was under the impression we'd get a few bucks off.