Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OptiCoat Happening As I write this....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone. I've never done anything to any of my cars besides wash/wax, but then again, I've never had a car that came with such nice paint! As I'm writing this I have a really nice guy doing the Opticoat treatment to my new car. I hope this stuff is as good as all the reviews I've read!
It definitely takes a lot of work to prep the paint for it!
My guy tells me my particular car is actually in the best shape he's seen from any other Tesla's he's done this on.

After the job is complete I will post "after pics" although I do not think photo's will show any significant increase in gloss.

I'm also going to reserve recommending the name/company until I'm a happy customer.

Here's some pre-treatment photo's:
image.jpeg
image-1.jpeg
image-3.jpeg
image-4.jpeg
image-5.jpeg
image-6.jpeg
image-2.jpeg

There's definitely one thing I learned about photographing white paint jobs today. You simply cannot photograph the quality of the paint using the lights I used. So sorry if you cannot see the real life gloss!!
I don't know if my paint is any "glossier" that it was after being prepped today, but this "Opticoat" is supposed to maintain that shine and I won't have to wax the car for "yrs"

The best part about today's experience was the guy that did the work. He was so meticulous, and SO good at what he does. I have no affiliation with him in any way, I got his card from "Josh" at the Van Nuys SC.

His Company is "Eco-Shine" and he's good, really good, his name is Mitch. 818.339.4909
If you're interested in Detail or Opticoat. Call him!

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG

I tried this on my wife's Rav4 EV. It made a huge difference on how easily the dirt came off of the car. It looks great, but does not have that "waxy smoothness" that I am normally used to.

I'm going to try this on the side of an airplane. We have a problem with soot from the exhaust sticking to the paint on the side and eventually damaging it. I'll report how this works once completed.

photo1TCS.jpg

@Nakedsushi, He Charges the same as everyone, as they are restricted by the Opticoat manufacture to charge $400. Mitch as well as some others will charge $200 for paint prep, others more. Yes, he came to my place to do the work.
To be perfectly honest with you, I'm a pretty "cheap" guy. I shop this kind of thing around a lot before I pull the trigger.
So total charged by mitch was $600, but I actually paid him $675 because he did such a great job and he's such a good guy. I paid him more than he asked. No BS. I am no way afflliated with the guy, he's just that meticulous and that's what I wanted.
I couldn't be more pleased.

I tried this on my wife's Rav4 EV. It made a huge difference on how easily the dirt came off of the car. It looks great, but does not have that "waxy smoothness" that I am normally used to.

I'm going to try this on the side of an airplane. We have a problem with soot from the exhaust sticking to the paint on the side and eventually damaging it. I'll report how this works once completed.

Lloyd: Damn... I thought my Model S was a nice ride. A PC-12 is a *really* nice ride. I also didn't know that they were available with 5-bladed props. Can I get a test drive the next time I'm down soCal way????

And let me know if the OptiCoat works out well. We have a DHC-6 with a brand new paint job and a Blackhawk Caravan that I'd love to help keep cleaner.