TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Opticoat in Milwaukee area

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Footer, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Footer

Footer Member

I drove from Highland Park directly to CMG detailing in West Bend. Yoosof is the owner and does most of the work. He stripped off the wax, which took all of 5 minutes, then removed the paint swirls. He said the factory did a reasonable job on the paint. He applied Opticoat Pro to the body, windshield, and wheels. The coating cannot be removed except by abrasion or strong paint remover. It's permanent, very hard, and acid resistant. $700 includes a nice wash kit with pail, cloths, special sponge, and detergents.

It comes with 1 free carwash which I'll have done in a few months.

He recommends bringing it in for a $125 complete detail job after winter, which I plan to do. It's a good price and Yoosof is very conscientious.

The car doesn't really look any different but I didn't examine the car close-up before and after.

IMG_8031.jpg

2. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

Good to know. I need to eventually get my MS done. I need to repaint my rear bumper first, to remove a oopsie, then have the rest of the car buffed and opticoated. I did not know opticoat could be applied to Windshields???

3. Footer

Footer Member

He said no need for RainX anymore. We'll see what happens driving in the rain.

4. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

Ah, the other red owner in Milwaukee!!

I've heard great things about that Yoosef and plan to take my car there too.

5. Footer

Footer Member

Does that make me the 3rd red in Milwaukee, since mine is 4 days old? Actually I'm in Brookfield, 3 miles from Marshall Auto, knock on wood.

6. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

Oh nice I guess so!