TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Opticoat Interior

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by SF_Ben, Aug 12, 2014.

1. SF_Ben

SF_Ben Member

I had my Model S opti coated on the exterior and couldn't be more pleased with the result and how easy it is to keep the car clean. When I had it done, I was asked if I wanted the interior done as well. Apparently you can protect the leather seats, steering wheel, dash, etc.

Has anyone had this done and is it worth it? Does the finish change the overall look of the leather? I love the current finish and how matte it is. I don't want to end up with a shiny look that cheapens the car.

Thanks for any advice...

2. SummerlinModelS

I had it done and it didn't change the matte look of the seats at all. I just did it done (OptiLeather or whatever its called) recently hoping that the quality of protection would be similar to what Opticoat does for the exterior so I can't speak on durability or quality of protection yet.

3. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax Member

Optiguard leather is a great product for some Uv protection and making it easier to clean up the leather and vinyl. Should last many years.

4. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Had both interior and exterior done last year and love both, my exact question before I decided on the interior was I do not want anything that is glossy. The Opti-coat interior does not change the look at all.

5. Tacket

Tacket Member

Have it on my tan leather. Dye transfer wiped up with a piping hot damp towel (as per the recommendation of the installer). Great product. I was told to expect about 2 years out of it.

6. SF_Ben

SF_Ben Member

Thanks all for the input. Sounds like it's not a risk to the look of the leather so I am definitely going to look into getting it done.

7. Joseph Torbati

Joseph Torbati Local Vendor - NorCal

Hi Ben, I've applied Opti Guard to a lot of Model S cars with great success! It makes cleaning the interior a breeze. And most impressive It slows down wear mark progression in leather from what I've seen.