Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opticoat Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

Brand new Tesla owner. Took delivery of my MS 70 on June 3rd and am trying to get all the initial stuff done to keep it looking great.

1) Has anyone heard of Opticoat Pro +? It supposedly adds

Sorry, for some reason, it posted thread before I could finish.

1) The link is: Opti-Coat Pro+ - The Ultimate™ Ceramic Paint Protection Coating | Opti-Coat LLC

2) This process supposedly adds a ceramic coating to car and permanently bonds with the paint, unlike the coatings that wear away. It has a 7000 mile warranty.

3) Unfortunately it is expensive, at $1200 at most detail shops.

4) Any thoughts on if this is worth it to protect the car? Any help would be appreciated. I want to keep my MS looking great, but not spend $ needlessly

Adam

Yup, I got in inside and out (exterior AND interior). The hydrophobic qualities of it make every surface easy to clean, and protects from water. I also got the paint protection film on the front clip, rocker panels, and luggage shelf.

As others have said, pay a bit more to ensure you get a great installer with multiple coats. Super happy with it.

@adambirozy,did you MS Opti-coated? I'm looking for a place in So. Cal. to get my MS ceramic coated, as well. Also, did you look at CQuartz Finest, NanoGlass, or any other products?

$1,200 seems high for a paint coating, but I'm not sure what the going rate is around here.

@adambirozy,did you MS Opti-coated? I'm looking for a place in So. Cal. to get my MS ceramic coated, as well. Also, did you look at CQuartz Finest, NanoGlass, or any other products?

$1,200 seems high for a paint coating, but I'm not sure what the going rate is around here.
I researched a little and opticoat seemed to be the most talked about, with great reviews so I did not dig too much deeper. I am going to get it done at a place in garden grove called Extreme Edge Auto Detailing. They are "certified" by the company, and they get good reviews on yelp, so I figured they will be good. If you go, tell them you got referred by me. Adam Birozy. Who knows, they may give me a discount. lol

Two other places I found online are Rhino Custom Detailing in Huntington Beach which offers Opti-coat and CQuartz and Wicked Auto Detailing in Costa Mesa which offers Ceramic Pro. I saw Xtreme Edge on Yelp but my concern was their reviews are all for detail & headlight work on Hondas/Nissans/Toyotas and not for Opti-coat on higher end cars. I haven't gone beyond looking at Yelp reviews & website yet.

Opticoat pro+ is what I have on. It was professionally applied, and gets “serviced” once a year to keep the warranty up. Car looks better than showroom after 3 years! Car is garaged and I don’t do anything special when washing. I use a pressure washer followed by chamois dry. Done!!

• Funny
Reactions: MadChemist