Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opticoat - Toronto, GTA, Peterborough, Belleville, Kingston area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The cars usually come in with a few days (a week?) before delivery date. I had Jon trailer the car over to Kevin and then trailer it back. He was very accommodating and did a great job co-ordinating with Kevin to make it all happen.
It didn't bump delivery date at all, although my car may have been ready sooner if I didn't have it coated.

I still did pick up with Jon at Tesla. Kevin shot some videos of the entire process so I could see before/during/after. You can find those here (start at a1 and work through a5): gtaindetail - YouTube

The difference between my original Model S and the new one was remarkable. Unbelievable, really. Jon said it was the most flawless Model S he had ever seen, which must count for something!

What was the timing like?
ie: Delivery date was 15, but Tesla dropped off car on the 13, so they can coat the car for 2 days.

Did you pick up the car from Kevin at GTAInDetails? or Jon at a Tesla location?
Who brings the car back from GTAInDetail to Tesla?

I'm kind of a stickler for details, but it'll help us noobs plan for pickup.

Just got back from Kevin Opticoating my car. Fantastic guy, and an incredible job done.

mcfadyena: we talked about your car - Kevin was very impressed with how Tesla arranged things.

My car was 7 days delivered and I already have a stone chip Kevin pointed out. Have a funky mark in the paint from the factory he can't correct and my windshield is scratched (thankfully out of any visible field of view). It's amazing what he finds! I saw none of this before he pointed it out.

Awesome. It's incredible what the opticoat does. Driving around the last few days and the mud barely sticks to the car. It's nice to always drive with the car looking new!

Too bad Kevin couldn't fix the stone mark, or the glass scratch. But I expect he made the rest of the car look so beautiful that nobody will take notice (except you).

Just got back from Kevin Opticoating my car. Fantastic guy, and an incredible job done.

mcfadyena: we talked about your car - Kevin was very impressed with how Tesla arranged things.

My car was 7 days delivered and I already have a stone chip Kevin pointed out. Have a funky mark in the paint from the factory he can't correct and my windshield is scratched (thankfully out of any visible field of view). It's amazing what he finds! I saw none of this before he pointed it out.

Awesome. It's incredible what the opticoat does. Driving around the last few days and the mud barely sticks to the car. It's nice to always drive with the car looking new!

Too bad Kevin couldn't fix the stone mark, or the glass scratch. But I expect he made the rest of the car look so beautiful that nobody will take notice (except you).

Kevin offered to touch it up if I get touch-up paint at no charge. I'll ask Tesla if they have any tomorrow. They are looking at a weird rattle I have coming from the rear seat.

The car looks great. Too bad I had to immediately drive it through nasty weather. Glad to hear you like the Opticoat and it's results! Looking forward to seeing the effect myself.

Rattle might be the pano-roof. I had a similar rattle with my last Model S.
They will definitely have some touch up paint. Great of Kevin to offer the fix!

Kevin offered to touch it up if I get touch-up paint at no charge. I'll ask Tesla if they have any tomorrow. They are looking at a weird rattle I have coming from the rear seat.

The car looks great. Too bad I had to immediately drive it through nasty weather. Glad to hear you like the Opticoat and it's results! Looking forward to seeing the effect myself.

I had Kevin Opticoat my Roadster today. Results are stunning - I've never seen car paint look this deep and liquid!

He also touched up a couple of minor scrapes and had his partner Marco replace a few sections of film. A professional job all around.

The factory supplied film for the Roadster was 3M VentureShield, so I went with that to match the rest of the car.

I asked Kevin about CQuartz vs Opticoat. He likes CQuartz for the deeper shine but said it doesn't last as long as Opticoat (3 years vs >5). I didn't get a chance to see them side by side, but the Opticoat looks fantastic.

image.jpg
I had Kevin do cQuartz on my car yesterday. Wish I had this done when I first got my car a year and a half ago!
Check it out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 219