Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opticoat - Toronto, GTA, Peterborough, Belleville, Kingston area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BUMP....

Anyone know if Kevin at GTA in detail is still in business?

left 2 messages and emails with no response this week.

picking up my Tesla Tuesday and want to discuss Opticoat.

i heard a lot of good things about him but I am a little worried.

I am sure Kevin is still in business. I was at his shop for a wash a few weeks ago. He has paint corrected and coated both my cars in the past few years. I doubt he is out of business in fact he is probably just very busy right now.

Kevin from GTA in detail told me if you had an opticoated car next to a waxed car or a car coated with a sealant such as Wolfgang side-by-side, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. However, if you had any waxed or Opticoated car beside a car coated with C-Quartz, the difference between the two is like night and day, extemely noticeable, no comparison.

Kevin from GTA in detail told me if you had an opticoated car next to a waxed car or a car coated with a sealant such as Wolfgang side-by-side, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. However, if you had any waxed or Opticoated car beside a car coated with C-Quartz, the difference between the two is like night and day, extemely noticeable, no comparison.

Kevin did my M3 with opti coat which was the only coating available at the time, he did my Tesla with cquartz. Both needed a lot of work, it is hard to compare because I use my Tesla every day and I keep my m3 indoors, doesnt see rain, etc. Both clean up great and both look shiny to me. My m3 was done in 2010 and my Tesla was in 2013. My tesla has always seemed shinier but the 2 cars are different colours.

I went through the same ordeal last month. Keep trying. You'll eventually be able to connect. I got the Opticoat Pro and paid 750 plus HST. It took about 3.5 hours to prep, apply and cure (enough for me to drive it home).

BUMP....

Anyone know if Kevin at GTA in detail is still in business?

left 2 messages and emails with no response this week.

picking up my Tesla Tuesday and want to discuss Opticoat.

i heard a lot of good things about him but I am a little worried.