Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opticoat UNDER 3M-Pro film ?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My local installer (a well know certified shop that has apparently done dozens of Teslas) in Montreal says he'll put one layer of Opti-Coat Pro+ UNDER 3M-Pro film, and then another one above the film as usual.

This is contrary to everything I have read here these past few weeks. Is there any rationale? I suppose the film adheres better to the stock paint than to an Opti-Coated car.

My installer tells me the protection is better. I don't think he's charging anything extra for doing so... He's also very honest and upfront... suggested agains full wrap (in his opinion a waste of my money although it would be more business for him).

Any thoughts on that? Anybody has experienced this technique?

Not a fan of it. Not because it's "wrong" or harmful. But just counter productive to spending money on it and film. If someone is going to coat but have it under clear bra, will have zero bearing on helping the paint protection film. If on top of film, at least you get the benefits of the coating over the film.