Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Optimum No Rinse VS Optimum no rinse wash and wax

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched a few other threads and it seems both have decent reviews. I was wondering from your experiences, what would be the best to use for washing the vehicle? Does one have a better shine than the other?

Looking for the showroom shine every time.

I searched a few other threads and it seems both have decent reviews. I was wondering from your experiences, what would be the best to use for washing the vehicle? Does one have a better shine than the other?

Looking for the showroom shine every time.

Wash and wax will have a slightly better shine unless you have a ceramic coat already. Showroom shine may be a bit of stretch, but also keep in mind your vehicle can’t be absolutely trashed either lol. I’ve seen people test the limits on Mildly dirty.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
My Ceramic coat tech says do not use a wash with wax in it. It will actually dull the finish. Went in for a annual touch up and he say he had to polish it out . He gave me a bottle of Optim No Rinse to use instead.
Pretty much that. That’s why I said unless you have a ceramic coat. I would just use the No rinse without the wax personally.

+1 on the No Rinse. To get a better shine with a quick detail (via rinse less wash), and since you are getting Opticoat Pro, I would use Opti Seal right after the wash. It'll last longer than the "wax" you get in the Optimum Wash and Wax and will shine better longer, will help repel dirt and debris better, etc.

I use ONR Blue (no wax, unlike the Green) both added to the rinse water during the wash process every 2 weeks, as well as for a 7:1 distilled water to ONR preparation that I use as a detail spray in a pint spray bottle between washes.

Also have OCPP. Just brought it back to the master detailer for the recommended annual detail - after which he applied HyperSeal instead of OptiSeal - both products from the same company as I recall.

Even though the car is pearlescent white (multi-coat), it still has a mirror-like shine.

I think this has already been answered, but I will echo what was said after talking to my detailer + PPF installer. Because I have PPF on it, I should be avoiding wax anyway. I also got gtechniq CSL + EXO coated, so I just use ONR (blue) without wax and then will follow up with ech2o or recharge (any si02) spray sealant to finish the car to renew the finish.

+1 on the No Rinse. To get a better shine with a quick detail (via rinse less wash), and since you are getting Opticoat Pro, I would use Opti Seal right after the wash. It'll last longer than the "wax" you get in the Optimum Wash and Wax and will shine better longer, will help repel dirt and debris better, etc.
So are you going 1) ONR to soak and wash 2) Opti Seal to dry/finish during dry 3) Opticoat Pro to finish the shine?

So are you going 1) ONR to soak and wash 2) Opti Seal to dry/finish during dry 3) Opticoat Pro to finish the shine?

I think #3 is ceramic coating that's already on the car. I think what everyone was saying is that if you already have ceramic coating on the car, use the blue ONR without wax and Opti-Seal during the drying.

I don't have ceramic coating or PPF. I use the green ONR with the wax. I almost bought the Opti Seal but comparing the part where I dry with Opti Seal and the part that I didn't. I can't see any difference. The car is not like showroom finish, but it looks clean LOL. I am thinking to switch to the blue ONR when I ran out of the green one just to see if I could tell the difference.

I think #3 is ceramic coating that's already on the car. I think what everyone was saying is that if you already have ceramic coating on the car, use the blue ONR without wax and Opti-Seal during the drying.

I don't have ceramic coating or PPF. I use the green ONR with the wax. I almost bought the Opti Seal but comparing the part where I dry with Opti Seal and the part that I didn't. I can't see any difference. The car is not like showroom finish, but it looks clean LOL. I am thinking to switch to the blue ONR when I ran out of the green one just to see if I could tell the difference.

I probably won't have the ceramic coating. So IYO, I should do ONR with wax and just use the Opti seal? Thanks for the reply!

I probably won't have the ceramic coating. So IYO, I should do ONR with wax and just use the Opti seal? Thanks for the reply!

Let us know if you see any difference with the Opti Seal. I can't. My car is shiny after wash, but it doesn't look like the ones in pictures posted here with the ceramic coating. But then maybe those people just took really really good pictures.. :D

I'm thinking about putting a sealant after my ONR wash, which means I won't need to use ONRWW right? Now with the sealant, I heard it last about 3-4 months, so if I want to wash my car I just follow up with ONR?

What other stuff do I need? Auto detailing is new for me.

One of the added benefits of Opti-seal or hyper-seal (beefed up version of opti-seal) is that it adds additional protection and ease of follow-up washing and cleaning. Also, and I've posted this before, they both can be used as a drying aid when doing the two bucket wash and dry method with ONR. It has made washing and drying the car so much easier - and I get the added protection as well.

As far as ONRWW vs regular ONR, I have used ONRWW a lot on my Jeep GC and the new orange version of ONR on the Tesla. I love both. I used gloss-coat (Optimums DIY ceramic coat) so that's why i now use the orange ONR instead of the ONRWW. But overall, I loved the ONRWW and used it exclusively with my Jeep and opti-seal.

One of the added benefits of Opti-seal or hyper-seal (beefed up version of opti-seal) is that it adds additional protection and ease of follow-up washing and cleaning. Also, and I've posted this before, they both can be used as a drying aid when doing the two bucket wash and dry method with ONR. It has made washing and drying the car so much easier - and I get the added protection as well.

As far as ONRWW vs regular ONR, I have used ONRWW a lot on my Jeep GC and the new orange version of ONR on the Tesla. I love both. I used gloss-coat (Optimums DIY ceramic coat) so that's why i now use the orange ONR instead of the ONRWW. But overall, I loved the ONRWW and used it exclusively with my Jeep and opti-seal.
What do you use to wash your interior? (windshield, dash, seats, doors etc...)

What do you use to wash your interior? (windshield, dash, seats, doors etc...)

So full disclosure. I haven't had the tesla long, and there are all kinds of posts here about only using water on the interior. So I'm really not an expert. However, I have been using a very diluted solution of orange-version ONR and a clean microfiber with very light wiping. Seems to do the trick. That said, I don't know what any long term effects or issues there may be because of the polymers in the ONR. But I think they claim it's safe. There are some in the model 3 forum that use this method as well. You can even use it to clean windows, but I think it sometimes leaves a slight film.