Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Optimus Bot Future

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe not only will Optimus Bot be pushing parts in the factory as stated in the January 26 quarterly audio. But its real future may be for space travel too.

Seems our SciFi movies have shown there seems to be a Robot or synthetic type of Artificial intelligence also along for space exploration.

Bot Future.jpg

Maybe that they have difficulty to hire in Austin or labor cost are jumping so Elon prioritize Optimus Bot to keep cost down, leading to good affordability(needed for growth) and profitabilty for shareholder.
Musk clearly wants to automate everything, and a bot fits with that philosophy.

The problem is that an AI-based approach depends on having reliabile AI, and reliability is the fundamental problem of AI.

• Disagree
Reactions: jkirkwood001
I had a chance to hear Ray Bradbury speak in person. He was addressing a meeting of the AAAS.

He was very much against sending robots into space. His premise is that Humans need a dream. Something to be excited and motivated by. Something to root for. Something to unify us.

Human exploration meets that need. Robot exploration does not.

Will bot be available for home before FSD? Silly poll here:

Well after that showing we can see that
A: it won't be out this year like he said last year. I doubt it will be out in 5 years.
B: it wont be replacing any humans for work unless you want your workplace to be a thousand times slower
C: it walks like it desperately needs a shite and can't find a toilet

Very disappointed... Too much hype and not enough delivery... Just like the cars.. The tunnel.... And as will be shown... Space

Reactions: BrerBear