TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Optional Features according to Owners Manual

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by tmueller64, Sep 10, 2016.

1. tmueller64

tmueller64 Member

While reading the owners manual I noticed frequent mentions of optional features. Here's a list of them all in one place.

Tesla Model S optional features listed in the owner’s manual as depending on date of manufacture or options selected.
    • Automatic locking and unlocking
    • Auto-present handles
    • Walk-Away Door Lock
    • Adjustments made to the driver's side mirror may not be saved to your driver profile.
    • Driver Profile feature. Also, in cases where the vehicle is equipped with Driver Profiles, some features may not be automatically saved and adjusted based on the driver profile (for example, mirror position)
    • Side mirror that automatically dims at night and may not include heated side mirrors. In addition, mirror adjustments may not be saved to your driver profile.
    • Mirror Auto-Tilt.
    • Rear seating positions may not be equipped with a seat belt reminder
    • Parking sensors
    • Button on the end of the cruise control lever. Pressing this button when cruise control is active cancels cruise control
    • Insane or Ludicrous acceleration setting
    • Mirror Auto-Fold
    • Heaters in the exterior side mirrors
    • HomeLink.
    • An area in the windshield in which the metallic coating is cut out to accommodate transponders

Other “Optional Features”:
    • Sunroof
    • Executive rear seats / folding rear seats (either or)
    • Cold weather package, (seat heaters in all rear seating positions, as well as heated wipers and washer nozzles)
    • Rear facing child seats
    • Six seat interior
    • Auto high beam headlights (part of AutoPilot Tech package)
    • Front fog lights
    • Overtake acceleration (part of AutoPilot Tech package)
    • Traffic-Aware Cruise Control (part of AutoPilot Tech package)
    • Autosteer (part of AutoPilot Tech package)
    • Auto Lane change (part of AutoPilot Tech package)
    • Autopark (part of AutoPilot Tech package)
    • XM satellite radio (part of optional sound package and requires panoramic roof)
    • 10 kW on-board charger
    • Tire repair kit
    • 21" - Silver and Grey wheel

2. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

#2 ArtInCT, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    The history of standard equipment and optional features has changed over the years with various items moving from "optional" to "Standard". You my find my WIKI of great help in trying to sort out the various options and their history. The WIKI is linked to my signature line.... enjoy and have fun.

I see this was your first post, so you are probably trying to get a grip on what is what with the Model S.

The options choices as of 9/10/16 are:

Traction Batter Size or Model are: 60, 75, 90, P90D, P100D
    Dual Motor or Rear Motor on 60 and 75, 90 and above all are dual motor AWD
    Color Exterior
    Pano Roof or metal roof
    Wheel styles size and color
    Interior Trim
    Seating (choices depend on model chosen)
    Smart Air Suspension
    Sub-zero Weather Package
    Ultra High Fidelity Sound System
    AutoPilot Convenience Features
    Premium Upgrades Package
    Headliner Color
    Rear Facing Seats
    High Amperage Charger Upgrade

Being from Nebraska, I strongly urge you to get the Sub-Zero Weather Package and be aware that really cold weather has adverse effects on range so you should consider getting a larger battery IF range is important to your commute or use case for the car.