Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Options broker for Norwegians (or other internationals)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone :) I had an account with optionsXpress in 2013, but they have been rolled into Schwab somehow and my account got closed in the process. Now they're telling me on the phone that they don't serve Norwegian citizens/residents any longer.

Is anyone aware of a decent options broker that lets me be long call and put options? A complication is that I'm employed at a retail bank (serving consumers in the Norwegian market only), and this apparently triggers some anti-insider trading clause that's common in the US. My Interactive Brokers online signup stranded due to this.

I use IB. I live in Austria, so I need to take care of the tax myself.

Thanks :) Super derp -- after I'd posted this, I ran a google search in Norwegian and found a Danish broker which seems like they might work out. (Saxo bank). They even seem to have a wide range of other speculative and investment products from all over the world. Taxes were a real PITA last time I did this, so I guess I'll just have to try to perform few trades.

We can just consider this thread concluded, I'd delete it if I knew how :)