TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Options broker for Norwegians (or other internationals)

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by marvinat0rz, May 22, 2018.

1. marvinat0rz

marvinat0rz Member

Hello everyone :) I had an account with optionsXpress in 2013, but they have been rolled into Schwab somehow and my account got closed in the process. Now they're telling me on the phone that they don't serve Norwegian citizens/residents any longer.

Is anyone aware of a decent options broker that lets me be long call and put options? A complication is that I'm employed at a retail bank (serving consumers in the Norwegian market only), and this apparently triggers some anti-insider trading clause that's common in the US. My Interactive Brokers online signup stranded due to this.

2. Mich

Mich Member

I use IB. I live in Austria, so I need to take care of the tax myself.

3. marvinat0rz

marvinat0rz Member

Thanks :) Super derp -- after I'd posted this, I ran a google search in Norwegian and found a Danish broker which seems like they might work out. (Saxo bank). They even seem to have a wide range of other speculative and investment products from all over the world. Taxes were a real PITA last time I did this, so I guess I'll just have to try to perform few trades.

We can just consider this thread concluded, I'd delete it if I knew how :)