Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Options for customized headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi TMC, new here! Checking in to see if someone can help me with my dilemma...

I have had a Model 3 reservation since July 2017, and have been able to actually place my order since around New Year 2019, but still haven't done so, ... because I remain conflicted about the headlights. I realize it's a touchy subject for some, but yes, I'm one of those people that just don't like them - and I hate that I don't like them, because I love absolutely everything else about this car (and by extension, this company). Anyway, eisbock's comment in this thread about sums up what I think about the Model 3 nose. My feeling may in fact be a little stronger, and it's so sad that something like that is keeping me from getting a Tesla, which is what I've wanted for so long. I have a Mazda 6 sedan right now, I love its looks, and I feel like this would be a downgrade visually, which I'm afraid I will regret, so it's hard :( I've been looking up about it every few months, but I guess now it's becoming more "urgent" because I could in fact place an order.

So anyhow, I guess I'm left with two options:
- Get a Model 3 and "fix" the issue somehow (custom nose)
- Forget about Model 3, and maybe get a Model S instead (but then I need to figure out how to afford that) or wait some years for an update or new model

So my specific question now is whether anyone here has heard about options. Is there any way to make the headlights (or nose in general) look less cute / child-like, and more calm / serious / 'intimidating'? I'm willing to spend a serious amount on this if it was succesful... But I can't find any (commercially available) solutions online so far.

There are some colored films you can apply to the lights to make them look smoked out or in a different color when the light is not on. There are a few front body kit that could make the front look more aggressive.

Thanks for the suggestions! I guess my vocabulary was too limited to find this -- now I know what to look for. A front body kit, either a currently available one or maybe one that might be released in the half year or so, sounds like a very interesting option.

RevoZport
20180826_101826.jpg

Tesla-Model-3_Blue-Front_R-Zentric-1.jpg

Unplugged Performance
Unplugged-Performance-Model-3-Ascension-Front-Fascia-Demo-Car_04.jpg