Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Options for Tesla repairs in Glasgow?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve unfortunately bumped the front of my car and damaged the front bumper (pic attached).

I’ve went down the insurance route and the garage they have assigned the car to are advising it won’t be booked in till the end of July! I’m a bit worried now as it’s the only car we have for the family and it’s not driveable. Has anybody been in this situation at all? Do I have any other options?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 5A5F7992-36D9-492E-816A-0878A41708EF.jpeg
    5A5F7992-36D9-492E-816A-0878A41708EF.jpeg
    293.2 KB · Views: 268
I don't have any good news for you I'm afraid. I had similar damage to my car, also needed a headlight, a new bonnet and wing. My car went to Mitchell Ingles who are Tesla's approved repairer in Glasgow. My accident was on the 1st November last year. I got my car back on the 12th April this year. 5 1/2 months later. A lot of parts are back order from Tesla. If you look in Mitchel Ingles car park you will see a lot of accident damaged Model 3's that have been sitting there for a long time. You might be lucky if the bumper and associated parts for your car are available but best to be prepared for a long wait. Anything less than a couple of months would be a great result. Good luck.

I don't have any good news for you I'm afraid. I had similar damage to my car, also needed a headlight, a new bonnet and wing. My car went to Mitchell Ingles who are Tesla's approved repairer in Glasgow. My accident was on the 1st November last year. I got my car back on the 12th April this year. 5 1/2 months later. A lot of parts are back order from Tesla. If you look in Mitchel Ingles car park you will see a lot of accident damaged Model 3's that have been sitting there for a long time. You might be lucky if the bumper and associated parts for your car are available but best to be prepared for a long wait. Anything less than a couple of months would be a great result. Good luck.

Ah great, my car is assigned to the same garage. Pretty disheartened now! Did you get a courtesy car from insurance while the car was awaiting repair?

Ah great, my car is assigned to the same garage. Pretty disheartened now! Did you get a courtesy car from insurance while the car was awaiting repair?
Yes I did. My Insurance policy included a courtesy car. Mitchell Ingles were refusing to give me one because they knew the repair would take a long time and they didn't want one of their cars tied up for all that time. I had to get my insurance company involved and a week after my car was recovered to the bodyshop Mitchell Ingles delivered a car to my home address.

Yes I did. My Insurance policy included a courtesy car. Mitchell Ingles were refusing to give me one because they knew the repair would take a long time and they didn't want one of their cars tied up for all that time. I had to get my insurance company involved and a week after my car was recovered to the bodyshop Mitchell Ingles delivered a car to my home address.

I’m with Churchill and have comprehensive cover, reading the fine print it says they only provide a courtesy car when the car is actually with the garage which is another 2 months away by the sounds of it! Trying to phone them now to see if we can upgrade to the hire plus option so we get a courtesy car now. Such a hassle. Especially looking at my car sitting in the driveway lol.

I had my bumper repaired at Mitchell Inglis in Glasgow southside. They were recommended as a tesla authorised repair via my accident management firm. Experience was positive and although it did take a number of weeks I'd trust them to do any future repairs. It's clearly a prestige repair centre with very expensive machinery dotted around the lot..I counted two taycans, a lambo and an SVR all with lovely paint finishes.

I’ve unfortunately bumped the front of my car and damaged the front bumper (pic attached).

I’ve went down the insurance route and the garage they have assigned the car to are advising it won’t be booked in till the end of July! I’m a bit worried now as it’s the only car we have for the family and it’s not driveable. Has anybody been in this situation at all? Do I have any other options?

Thanks!
I had similar damage to my M3 from a collision with a Deer also by Mitchell and Inglis, as others have said Spares lead time is the biggest factor in my case 3-4 Months.

I had similar damage to my M3 from a collision with a Deer also by Mitchell and Inglis, as others have said Spares lead time is the biggest factor in my case 3-4 Months.
I’ve been told by Mitchell that it’s unlikely I’ll get mine booked in until August - and that’s if they get a bumper. They mentioned Tesla isn’t communicative so they struggle to know about parts availability!

Thankfully, mine is drivable. As I damaged it myself I’m taking it as punishment. 😕