TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Options on a 2015 Model S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by abuzar1, Sep 23, 2019.

1. abuzar1

abuzar1 Member

I'm buying a used Model S and I have the built sheet from the owner. I have a few questions about the options. Is this essentially fully optioned out? Also, I see that he paid for the performance seats. I thought these were 2014 seats, but this is a 2015 vehicle? So will they be gen 1 or gen 2 seats? The car was ordered on March 30th, will this car still be on 3G or LTE?

Attached Files:

2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Member

I uploaded the wrong image; here is the build sheet. 70126662_10217213487823882_6642649591688724480_n.jpg

3. SoCal Buzz

SoCal Buzz Supporting Member

#3 SoCal Buzz, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Yes, looks like everything except 3rd row seats and paint, 21” wheel upgrades. Gen 2 seats, but not sure about the LTE change date.

4. tstafford

tstafford Supporting Member

Summer of '15 rollout. My 2015 w/ a June order date and September delivery had it.

OP: Also I'm not sure if Performance Leather seats were the same as Next Gen. Next Gen came out around this time too. They are much nicer. Had them in my 2015

5. abuzar1

abuzar1 Member

Just confirmed it has 3G not LTE. What would you say a vehicle like this would be worth? Has 50k miles and will need new tires. Overall in good shape except for some curb rash on wheels.

6. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S/X, California Forums

I don't have any insights on the price, but I wouldn't make a big deal about 3G vs. LTE...the 3G to LTE upgrade is $500 installed at a service center (some people have reported getting it for less). IMHO the LTE upgrade (which I did for my April 2015 build S85D) is useful for better coverage, but did not (at least for me) give a huge increase in speed.

As far as the interior options go, it looks like it's got everything except the rear-facing seats.

Bruce.

7. cellphonechris

You can upgrade to LTE for $500. Seems to have plenty of options, but I would inquire about XM Radio if it matters to you - it typically required the panoramic sunroof as well as UHFS, but I've heard of examples that had it with the glass/body-colored roof. You'll also want to check if they were including the heated steering wheel with the Subzero package at that time.

8. abuzar1

abuzar1 Member

Sounds good on the LTE. I don't care about XM radio. It does have the heated seats. I was somewhat concerned about the seats because I plan on doing a lot of long roadtrips. I hope the free supercharging transfers fine!

• Like x 1