Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Options ranking to get the $7500 Tax Credit for MY LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the price drop to $52990 you can get $2000 worth of option and still be under the $55k limit for the Tax Credit. Here's how we rank the options as a Tesla accessories vendor so you know what are possible aftermarket vs oem.

1. interior color

This is the hardest to change afterwords if you like the white interior, what's available right now aftermarket are for the wrap around white/wood color dash trims, there's not much you can do with the seat colors. So get this first if you want the white interior.

2. paint color

This is possible to change aftermarket with wraps but it's never gone be as good as just paint and its going to be $$$. You can get any of the paint colors or get a $1k paint and another option.

3. wheels

For wheels you can save the $2000 and get our wheel covers instead 😊 it will give you the 20' look but at fraction of the cost, plus you get better range and ride quality. Our you can always change the rims afterwards. Check it out here

4. tow hitch

This can be installed by Tesla afterwards for $1300 and there are many after market tow hitch available for around $600. however the after market ones won't work with the towing mode software. This ranked last so only get this if you have $1000 left.

I have a good one for ya - I’m sitting at 55900 now b/c Tesla raised the price of the silver metallic - when I ordered the car and recv’d the purchase agreement & VIN two weeks ago, there was n/c for that paint color. Now I’m paying the extra $1K and missed the Fed tax incentive.

I have a good one for ya - I’m sitting at 55900 now b/c Tesla raised the price of the silver metallic - when I ordered the car and recv’d the purchase agreement & VIN two weeks ago, there was n/c for that paint color. Now I’m paying the extra $1K and missed the Fed tax incentive.
isn't it based on Delivery date?

If you cancel your order the most you can lose it $250…

If you select the 7 seater the limit goes all the way up to $80K from $55K so you can really get just about what you want at that point and still qualify.

yeah I'm trying to stay around 55k but still get 7 seater ;) thought I'd get lucky w/ demo or TSLA will bring back SR Y, but store said no luck :(

Last edited: