Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Options that affect delivery timing

Which option causes the greatest delivery lag?

• Performance

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Paint Color

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Tow Hitch

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Black and White Interior

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • FSD

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I've been a reader for a while and finally decided to create an account after ordering my Model Y last weekend!

There's been a bit written about how tesla batch manufactures (which makes sense) but I am curious if anyone knows which options affect delivery timing the most.

My build is - white/white, performance, tow, autopilot.

Intuition leads me to believe that tow and autopilot shouldn't affect timing since towing is something local SC can install and autopilot/FSD is just a software update (assuming FSD computer is in all new vehicles). Anecdotally, it seems the white interior is going to be the option that causes the greatest backlog but curious if anyone knows for a fact.

Thanks!

Tow hitch definitely pushes back delivery timing for some. Check out the order tracking spreadsheet and compare when you filter for "Tow Hitch" or "No Tow Hitch" only. I am pushing 5.5 weeks now with zero communication on my order with tow hitch.

• Helpful
Reactions: CO_MY
On July 8th I ordered a red multicoat, black interior, 19" wheels with FSD and no tow hitch. Have not heard a peep since. Thinking my delay is more of a combination of the red multicoat with FSD as I don't see any VINs with this combination over 27K in the google spread sheet.