TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Options timeline

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Dan5, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Dan5

Dan5 Member

Tesla has been tweaking the options sightly for some time now and there were some that were not available at the time of delivery. I'm trying to make a timeline when the options came out or were put into production

Signature options- June 2012
    General production- ????
    Grey interior - November 2012? (VIN 1908 has it)
    60 kwh - Jan 2013?
    Spring suspension- Jan 2013?
    Red color- ???
    Performance plus- April 2013?
    19 inch aero, 19 inch cyclone, Ultra high fidelity sound system, packing sensors- ??

If possible, VIN numbers would be very helpful too.

As an example, if you have a Sig with grey interior, green with the 19 inch aero rims, with the performance plus package it's not original. This timeline will aid future restorers in like 20-50 years since the Model S is going to be a highly collectable car. I'll update this periodically to get a more precise VINs and dates.

2. Ufrugger

Ufrugger Member

Maybe using an online timeline generator would be beneficial. I'm a visual person and www.tiki-toki.com is a completely free tool that I've used in the past for creating visual timelines. I'm sure there are many other free online/software options available. Other items to include could be when they stopped making the 40KW versions available, leather-free +, etc.. Good Luck!