Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Options would make the highest Model 3 close to $80,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming all the options from the MS translate, it can add up pretty quickly.

Autopilot = $2,500
Air suspension = $2,500
Ultra High Fidelity Sound = $2,500
Premium Interior & Lighting Package = $3,000
Subzero Weather Package = $1,000

Thats $11,500 ontop of the base $35,000 price = $46,500

Plus another $13,000 to go to the 90D = $59,500

Plus another $20,000 to go to the P90D = $79,500

That's without wheel options and next gen seating and interior trim pricing. Unless it isn't going to translate straight from the MS pricing 1:1.

Reactions: MP3Mike
I doubt it will eclipse 70k with all options, if only because some of those options will likely not be as expensive (either due to greater economy of scale or due to being a smaller car and thus whatever those options represent having less material going into them).

There also may not be a fully Ludicrous option - rumors have been "much faster" than 6s or less than 4s for performance model, so it may only be "Insane".

Autopilot is just software cost, the hardware cost is built into every one they sell, so this can be anything. May still be 2500, may be 1000 - up to Tesla. Air suspension, premium interior and sound packages are potentially a little bit cheaper (say, 500 each, maybe 1000 less for the interior).

I can't speak on individual options. At first it would be easy to scale the cost straight from MS. The only one I could see justifiably costing less is the sound system (fewer speakers = less cost?).

I suspect that the output from the dual drive motors will be less hp/torque from S/X (less cost)
Also I'm divided on the pack offering.
While the car probably starts with 60kWh as base (comparable to Bolt), 90kWh is the next logical offering but for the clients they are trying to target for this car makes it hard for me to believe that would be the next battery offered.

If too much overlaps then the 3 might also wind up outperforming the S on paper (and they can't have that happen).

Based on the pictures that I've seen so far, the Model 3 is probably a foot shorter and a bit narrower than the Model S. So things will squeeze inward a little bit and I doubt that they have the same space for the battery pack. A 90kWh pack may not even be an option here.

Based on the pictures that I've seen so far, the Model 3 is probably a foot shorter and a bit narrower than the Model S. So things will squeeze inward a little bit and I doubt that they have the same space for the battery pack. A 90kWh pack may not even be an option here.

Historically S (and X) have usually hovered around 2 battery choices at any one time with ~20kWh difference.
Perhaps it starts with a 60kWh and 80kWh being the other one?