Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Options you would like to see in the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is my list. I had actually thought of creating this very thread for the exact same reason. Hopefully TM is reading and taking note.

1. 85 kWh and 100 kwh battery options - This would at least allow us to match range with the S and avoid the 10 % penalty because of weight. Hopefully battery costs will have decreased enough so that TM can keep costs the same as the 60 kwh and 85 kwh of the S.
2. Storage - Driver and Passenger Opening Door Pockets, Centre Console Box Storage with Armrest, Front Seat Back Pockets, Move cup holders to the front of the cabin, Rear cup holders, Overhead sunglass storage, flip down rear center arm rest with storage and cup holders.
3. Removable second row seating - any one seat or all of them.
4. Aux power front and rear
5. Rear seat entertainment
6. Auto dimming high beam headlights
7. Tire pressure monitor
8. Rain and light sensor
9. Adaptive cruise control
10. Electrally foldable auto-dimming heated side mirrors
11. Headlight washers
12. Winshield wiper deicer
13. Heated and cooled front and rear seats
14. All wheel Drive
15. Heated stearing wheel
16. Heads Up Display
17. Panaroma Sunroof
18. Ultrasonic Parking system
19. Air suspension
20. Towing package
21. Bluetooth
22. Auto up / down for all windows

I would like to see a mini-refrigerator as an option.

Also would like the performance version to be more aggressively masculine!

+1 on the more agressive, more edgey design. When I look at the nose of the model S, I wish the X had similar design ideas. Some pictures I see look great, others are a bit disappointing. It all depends on what angle the car is caught.

I also don't mind the idea of a small beverage cooler, although I doubt it would make it into design.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/10-outrageous-options-on-luxury-cars#5

31884be13e324d08b0052e15c1d83260.jpg

a trailer is a no go around here for me. It essentially doubles the fee to get on a Ferry and it detracts from the driving experience. When I brought it up with my wife, she simply stated, "the X has those funky doors that make it impossible to put anything on top, that won't work for us, period!" Cool innovations have to be practical or be options.

Don't discount the X just yet because of the roof-rack thing. Let's see what they come up with. They've stated they have a very interesting solution being worked on for this. Maybe when they announce it, it still won't work for your needs. But, until then... don't write the X off just yet! :)

I got a few rides on the Dead's jet - the pilot, Steve Kahn, was a friend* of mine. (And was piloting the helicopter that fateful night.)

I have stories. But those would be off-topic, so I won't post :).
------------------
Options. Let's see. I would like a middle seat (both rows 2 & 3) center flip down -- handy for skis, yet you can still load plenty of passengers. Not everything has to go on a rack or trailer.

*To clarify: He was a friend, not a 'friend'. Hahah. I was the lead engineer for an aviation product in the 80s that put all the Jepp charts on a cdrom, along with a object-oriented database that allowed flight planning. It all fit into a box no bigger than the Jepp case pilots carry (so we knew it would fit in the cockpit). But yeah, great Dead stories.

I got a few rides on the Dead's jet - the pilot, Steve Kahn, was a friend* of mine. (And was piloting the helicopter that fateful night.)

------------------
Options. Let's see. I would like a middle seat (both rows 2 & 3) center flip down -- handy for skis, yet you can still load plenty of passengers. Not everything has to go on a rack or trailer.

*To clarify: He was a friend, not a 'friend'. Hahah. I was the lead engineer for an aviation product in the 80s that put all the Jepp charts on a cdrom, along with a object-oriented database that allowed flight planning. It all fit into a box no bigger than the Jepp case pilots carry (so we knew it would fit in the cockpit). But yeah, great Dead stories.

I would love to hear more of those stories one day.

As for those skis down the center, make a little hole a ski bag can poke through in the middle bottom of the middle seats. This space should be able to close to. I think this was an option on the Jetta a long time ago. I hoped they would do it on the Model S. I will try and find a photo unless someone can beat me to it ...

I would love to hear more of those stories one day.

As for those skis down the center, make a little hole a ski bag can poke through in the middle bottom of the middle seats. This space should be able to close to. I think this was an option on the Jetta a long time ago. I hoped they would do it on the Model S. I will try and find a photo unless someone can beat me to it ...

I also had that option on a BMW I owned - used it frequently.

------------------

I also would love to her some of your stories! maybe in another thread...or if you ever are up here in Canada....

sorry for the loss of your friend.

peace and my favourite dead joke...

o, John Denver passes away and goes to heaven. He meets Saint Peter at the pearly gates, who greets him warmly and says, "Welcome to Heaven, John! You have lived a good, honest life, and we have a nice place all set up for you. If you will just follow me, I'll lead you there now." So John Denver follows Saint Peter on a path that winds gently through the woods, until they come out to a clearing. There, along the banks of a deep-blue lake, nestled into a valley surrounded by dazzling, rocky, snow-capped mountains, is a beautiful log cabin, smoke gently floating out of the chimney. Sitting on the wrap around porch is a beautiful guitar and a large dog who barks joyfully at their approach. John Denver exclaims, "Zeke! My old dog Zeke! I can't believe it!" Overjoyed, he pauses for a moment to take everything in...

While he is hugging his dog and breathing in the fresh mountain air, he spies an enormous castle on a neighboring mountain. There are flags waving from atop the castle, emblazoned with dancing bears, skulls and roses. The hedges outside are trimmed into lightning bolt and musical note shapes. Bubbles and glitter are pouring out of the windows, and the unmistakable sound of the Grateful Dead's music is blasting from inside.

John looks at the castle, then looks back at his log cabin, which suddenly seems a bit less grandiose than it did a minute ago. So he says to Saint Peter, "Um, sir? I don't want to seem ungrateful here, but I am curious... Why is it that I get this modest log cabin, when Jerry Garcia gets this huge castle?"

Saint Peter chuckles and says, "Oh John... that's not Jerry Garcia's castle. It's God's!"

Since we're thoroughly off topic here, I just thought I'd mention a curious anecdote. When I got my Roadster test drive, the next guy to go out after me was a member of the Grateful Dead. He had a whole entourage in tow. No idea if he bought one.

Back on topic....

I would really like to see TM take the opportunity with the Model X to really try and start moving forward in the Luxury/premium department.

So I would like to see them integrate more of the bells and whistles missing in the Model S

Blind Spot warning
Lane Change Warning
Drowsy Warning
Adaptive Cruise Control
Crash detection and braking system (Both front and rear) - rear would be nice for the X since it will have limited visibility back there and be a kid/people hauler

etc etc....

I would like these things in my Gen3 and I really want them to get started moving in that direction. BRING ON THE TECH !!!! TM, I know you can do it :)

I have mentioned this before in another thread on Model X, but I would like good clearance without resorting to raising the car with air suspension. Something in the neighborhood 8.7" like the current Subaru Outback would do. I think that is what Bonnie got someone to measure the beta Model X at.

I did! I brought my tape measure to Santana Row and had one of the guys under the X, measuring it. And if I remember correctly, is was just under 9".

But please remember that X is a prototype, things change - so speak up about what you want for clearance.

Brought up on the Model S subforum - they're looking for a camera to view the kids back in the jump seat. A great idea.

And an even greater idea to have that option available for the Model X. I'd like to be able to see the third row/back of cargo area from the driver's seat.

One thing I hope with the Model X is they do not treat AWD like Performance on the Model S. In other words let us get the AWD without being obligated to get a larger battery, air suspension, specialty wheels etc. If Tesla feels they have to package the AWD with something, make it something like a cold weather package ie heated seats and mirrors.

One thing I hope with the Model X is they do not treat AWD like Performance on the Model S. In other words let us get the AWD without being obligated to get a larger battery, air suspension, specialty wheels etc. If Tesla feels they have to package the AWD with something, make it something like a cold weather package ie heated seats and mirrors.
Agreed

I know this is heresy, but I'd like to see a 10KW gasoline engine powered generator installed in the frunk. This would make road trips much more feasible for me. And without adaptive cruise control I won't be taking any road trips with my X.

I know this is heresy, but I'd like to see a 10KW gasoline engine powered generator installed in the frunk. This would make road trips much more feasible for me. And without adaptive cruise control I won't be taking any road trips with my X.

I don't want the extra weight and a whole 'nother system to take care of. That would be a deal-breaker for me.