Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orange County CA solar for office building on SCE ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody have solar on an inland Orange County CA office building? Our commercial real estate brokerage company recently bought, refurbished and occupied a single story office building in Orange with a perfectly flat unobstructed roof which is ideal for solar and/or PowerWall(s). Currently we're on SCE with last month's partially occupied (most agents staying at home) SCE bill $250 for 1,600 kWh... but anticipating summer will be 3X that cost since SCE is going to transfer us to TOU-GS-2 when we exceed 20kW maximum demand our 3rd month.

I didn't start with Tesla since the last 3 times I contacted Tesla Energy / SolarCity for our house they wasted a lot of my time. First time they said they could install on our Spanish tile roof even when I was skeptical. Made we wait a couple of weeks for their sales guy to show up who immediately called his office and confirmed they won't install on Spanish tile roof. Next time I inquired about PowerWall when SGIP was introduced and got nowhere again. Same when I inquired about the Spanish tile solar roof. Crickets...

In addition, Tesla Energy has had issues on commercial roofs including Walmart and Amazon, and It is losing market share, reporting only 29 megawatts worth of installations in the second quarter, down from a high of more than 200 in 2016.

Tesla Energy isn't the only solar company so I'll contact them after getting some confirmation solar would be appropriate... and have a decent R.O.I.