Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orange Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jason71

May 8, 2019
Shropshire
Here is something you don't see every day. An orange model 3. Captured on my dash cam today on the Brecon Beacons. According to the DVLA this car is white. I guess someone decided not to fork out thousands to Tesla for a colour but kept the cash and spend it on a snazzy respray instead.

Orange Model 3_Moment(6)_LI.jpg
Orange Model 3_Moment (2).jpg

Reactions: IdaX
It's a white car with orange stickers on it? Not sure the police would see it that way.... But what colour does the DVLA say for this police car that is covered with huge flourescent blue and yellow stickers, officer?
You are probably supposed to tell DVLA but given that changing the colour does not impact the VED rate I doubt its something the DVLA or even the Police would worry too much about. If it's a wrap then not even sure whether it counts, i mean it would still be white in lots of places. You'd probably have to tell your insurance company though I guess.

You are probably supposed to tell DVLA but given that changing the colour does not impact the VED rate I doubt its something the DVLA or even the Police would worry too much about. If it's a wrap then not even sure whether it counts, i mean it would still be white in lots of places. You'd probably have to tell your insurance company though I guess.

Well the police would care to try and prevent people using fake plates on vehicles, so if the plate is ran and white comes up that car is being pulled over for sure.

If it's white according to DVLA isn't this illegal? What would be the penalty for such a transgression..?

Smart cars are either black or silver, irrespective of the colour of the body panels on it. Its the colour of the fixed shell they record on V5. I would imagine the same here, its a 'permanently' white car, with non permanent coloured wrap, if thats how it has been done. If its been sprayed, that a different matter, as the paint is 'permanent'.

• Informative
Reactions: Cogarch