Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Orange peel or missing a layer of clear coat?

I had SC replaced my front bumper because I found a hole on the old bumper and they can't fix it. However, the new bumper end up like this. I can feel the texture when I touch it and I think my hood is more glossier? Feel like they forgot a layer of clear coat. It also looks whiter. Any idea?
0752ae7b9ee646e1b3e718505e8e3d8.jpg
816919d6ec24c2db13caf791eea8ce2.jpg
c3990fb2d3c01b5744d0094252ce2c9.jpg

aplusautoMD

Northern MD's Premier Tesla detail shop!
Local Vendor - Mid-Atlantic
Feb 5, 2020
Forest Hill Maryland
I wouldn’t worry about it. They definitely didn’t forget to clear coat it, I see horrible orange peel in a lot of brand new m3’s all the time. I would suggest getting the bumper ppf’d, will make it glossier and will protect it from rock chips. Pearl white is always the hardest to color match, next to silver. The hood and fenders are metal opposed to the plastic bumper, painting different materials will also make it difficult to match 100%. Looks fine in the pics to me

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC