Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orbital Aero covers kickstarter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stumbled across these this afternoon and backed it (silver for my white M3).. Unfortunately you have to watch the video to see them on different color cars.

Are cover replacements that cover more of the rim to protect against (and covered er up existing) wheel rash.

Orbital One

The early kickstarter prices seem reasonable to me. (the retail price seems way to high).
323fd7ee5e5aa227aa5897c7b2d2ed55_original.png

-Jason

• Informative
Reactions: chinnam3
If they ever bring it to reality and sale via a online store or amazon, would consider buying, though not sure I’d pay $244 for plastic hub caps. But I don’t like Kickstarter much. Have watched a few things over the years that never came about

Based on my feedback they added photos of all the color combinations:

396225c7e350a9b7f0351183116ce13e_original.png

I know it's not for everyone, but I didn't black out my chrome, and I like that look better than the normal Aero covers. I curbed my wheels ~10x in the first 6 weeks I had the car.. but haven't curbed them since *knock on wood*.

As for kickstarter... I've been burned twice.. One of them I should have known better. The other one the] seller should have known better. I don't think this one is going to be funded (400k is a lot).. but the goal is high enough they should be able to get 1 product in 2 different colors actually made.

348 retail is a bit ridiculous for plastic molded caps. Most of the cost will be for R&D but even the kickstarter prices, its pricey for the risk and likely delays.

@JasonR67 this Kickstarter is all or nothing, so even if they made it to 399k, they wont get any funds. 400k seems like a really high goal, they shouldve done a flexible kickstarter so they couldve kept the funds to start building and go from there

It good we are getting aero cover options.

I am not fan of the looks, I feel these do not look any better than standard aero covers.

Curbrash protection, how it is going to protect? Instead of rim edge it is going to be cover and still rash will be visible. Also another thing, why the center cap has to installed and removed everytime this cover has to be taken out? Why can't it be integrated to cover so that hassle is avoided?

And finally price? I would get 2 real alloy wheels for that price of covers. They should be at most $30-40 bucks each, not more than that.

It good we are getting aero cover options.

I am not fan of the looks, I feel these do not look any better than standard aero covers.

Curbrash protection, how it is going to protect? Instead of rim edge it is going to be cover and still rash will be visible. Also another thing, why the center cap has to installed and removed everytime this cover has to be taken out? Why can't it be integrated to cover so that hassle is avoided?

And finally price? I would get 2 real alloy wheels for that price of covers. They should be at most $30-40 bucks each, not more than that.

yep exactly. With such a high cost, once word gets out, they are easy targets to get stolen. I can deal with replacing aero caps at $25 each, but with orbital costing $87 at retail, each? no way Im risking that

I wonder how a clear, molded "moon disk" would look. My idea is a completely clear hub cab that is slightly molded to the shape of the wheels spokes, but still covers them completely for the best aerodynamics.

Your wheel would look the same through the hubcaps, and it would be easy to remove the hubcaps to clean them on the other side.

Reactions: Don.Church
Based on my feedback they added photos of all the color combinations:

396225c7e350a9b7f0351183116ce13e_original.png

I know it's not for everyone, but I didn't black out my chrome, and I like that look better than the normal Aero covers. I curbed my wheels ~10x in the first 6 weeks I had the car.. but haven't curbed them since *knock on wood*.

As for kickstarter... I've been burned twice.. One of them I should have known better. The other one the] seller should have known better. I don't think this one is going to be funded (400k is a lot).. but the goal is high enough they should be able to get 1 product in 2 different colors actually made.
You need to use the rear mirrors when you reverse. It might save your life someday. Or someone elses.

I cant unfortunately post my efficiency test for the orbitals. They are at the post office but im leaving on my roadtrip monday at 0400 so i dont have time to pick them up in time unfortunately.