Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orbital Wheel Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tl;dr: Aero cover replacements that cover more of the wheel, are claimed to be more efficient, and have a different look.

Orbital

I posted about their previous KS that I was very excited about (apparently I was the only one HA!) here: Orbital Aero covers kickstarter

They peaked at about $10.7K funding (I think they were looking for $400K) and ended up canceling it.

They re-launched this morning. They have removed the silver option, and by doing that they cut both the cost ($30 - $40/wheel) and the funding target ($50K).

6db9e060eafaa5732cacfc58c749340e_original.png

Very early bird special of $30/wheel for 24 hours.

I really wanted silver for my white non-chrome deleted while 3. I have backed it at the $30/wheel with plans of having them painted / chromed / what ever once I get them. (I'll ask around before the KS ends and probably cancel if I can't find an economical solution.).

• Informative
Reactions: dwolvin and VQTRVA
Okay, I’m interested! I like that they hide the existing rash, even though we’ve repaired it fairly well. And they look good. We’ve gotten far more skilled at not rashing over time, but if it happens again, it’d be the Orbital that takes the hit. And so then you hope they’re still in business to buy a replacement. Hmmm.

I don’t like that you need a suction cup tool to remove them. Something to misplace. I’d keep it in the frunk with other emergency car stuff. Minor complaint.

Okay, I’m interested! I like that they hide the existing rash, even though we’ve repaired it fairly well. And they look good. We’ve gotten far more skilled at not rashing over time, but if it happens again, it’d be the Orbital that takes the hit.

YES! That was one of the things I mentioned in the original thread. I curbed it many times in the first month. Not since.

The original Aero is already dark, if I was going to make a change , it would only be for the silver.

I am going to try to get them painted locally. If I find out anything I'll post back here.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanadianMetal
I guess. When compared to rims and oem caps.

I still kind of have the stigma that hub caps are the cheap alternative. You know ... cars from from the 2000’s.
Need to update myself and embrace this brave new works.

I backed this campaign. I love that they went with black this time around. We will have to see how much more efficient (or perhaps not) these are vs the aero wheel. I don't mind the look of the stock covers, but the dark silver color just makes the car look cheaper imo. This black color looks really nice, especially if you chrome delete.

Looking forward to this project and wishing them luck that they can make it happen for us!

Reactions: Paul8810
Okay, I’m interested! I like that they hide the existing rash, even though we’ve repaired it fairly well. And they look good. We’ve gotten far more skilled at not rashing over time, but if it happens again, it’d be the Orbital that takes the hit. And so then you hope they’re still in business to buy a replacement. Hmmm.

I don’t like that you need a suction cup tool to remove them. Something to misplace. I’d keep it in the frunk with other emergency car stuff. Minor complaint.

I finally rashed mine. What's the best way to fix it?