Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orbital Wheel Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought 2 packs of that weather stripping, also bought the suction cups from Amazon to remove the inside logo piece. Don't want no scratch marks from the screwdriver haha. Calipers are painted and now I am just awaiting on the Orbitals to arrive. Can't wait to test them out.
I have two of those suction cup devices and honestly, I'm not sure if they are strong enough to yank out the Orbital center cap. They already barely pull out the Tesla center caps.

Here's mine with the Orbitals on...

tesla-1-sm.jpg

Reactions: tridge
Nice follow-up.

While you could probably do all four covers with a single package of weather stripping using the small piece method, I still prefer the full surround method for the simple fact that it takes just a minute to do each wheel (I wouldn't have the patience to cut and peel and place some 80-ish pieces)
Just did mine yesterday. Two packs of stripping to go around all four covers.

Reactions: Rothgarr
They are expensive things for us Canadians , with shipping and duties I paid $450 Canadian ($366 US).

What I like about them is they will be very rare here, I haven't seen a single Tesla anywhere with these covers. It's 90% the stock aero covers, and 10% the alloy rims underneath. So I will stand out haha

They are expensive things for us Canadians , with shipping and duties I paid $450 Canadian ($366 US).

What I like about them is they will be very rare here, I haven't seen a single Tesla anywhere with these covers. It's 90% the stock aero covers, and 10% the alloy rims underneath. So I will stand out haha
I haven't seen another set here in the United States, either (Connecticut). I've only seen them here on the forum. But I did it also to stand out (there are so many other white Model 3s around where I live.)

Another efficiency test with the Orbital covers vs. the Aero covers. Not sure we'll ever get anything definitive since conditions vary so wildly across most of these tests, but it's at least good to know that they're very much in the same ballpark.
Honestly, I can't imagine anyone buying these for greater efficiency. I would think they'd buy them either to look different or to better protect their wheels.

And tests like this are so hard to evaluate unless you do them repeatedly to collect a lot more data.

Reactions: travis3000
... Calipers are painted and now I am just awaiting on the Orbitals to arrive. Can't wait to test them out.
Bit of a stretch but wondered if anyone had pictures of the black orbital covers with red performance brakes (or red painted calipers, or red caliper covers) behind them? Can't picture them, but think they would look good and thinking about that combo on my car... so ideally with 2021 (i.e. de-chromed) midnight silver metallic car but I think those odds are probably pretty long! TIA

Bit of a stretch but wondered if anyone had pictures of the black orbital covers with red performance brakes (or red painted calipers, or red caliper covers) behind them? Can't picture them, but think they would look good and thinking about that combo on my car... so ideally with 2021 (i.e. de-chromed) midnight silver metallic car but I think those odds are probably pretty long! TIA
Here's mine -- black orbitals over red caliper covers. Even with the caliper covers which are much larger than painted calipers, it's already kinda hard to see through the orbitals...

tesla-3.jpg

Here's mine -- black orbitals over red caliper covers. Even with the caliper covers which are much larger than painted calipers, it's already kinda hard to see through the orbitals...

View attachment 686222
Amazing, thank you. Yeah I was looking at caliper covers for that reason - make them stand out a bit more. I think that wheel/brake combo looks awesome. Rest of your car looks pretty cool too, love that rear diffuser. Cheers.

Reactions: Rothgarr

I posted pics of my car a few pages back. I have the black orbital covers with red painted callipers. You can see them yes but they aren't as noticeable as the stock rims underneath. Here are a couple...

IMG_7571.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

Reactions: tridge