Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orbital Wheel Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
those look pretty good but Ill hold off until full launch. Ive had too many bad experiences with past kickstarters. Latest update means they likely wont ship until nov/dec - IF there are no production issues (and Kickstarters always seem to run into these issues). Honestly, dont expect these until 2021

Reactions: New_Old_Stock
The black covers were suppose to start shipping in October. Anyone received their wheel covers yet?

I like the silver color one's but will wait until others start getting them and comment on fit and quality.

You probably won't see anyone getting it now, since their latest update said they are still doing tuning and sampling, and should be completed by end of the month, then they will start production.

I think we will probably get it by the end of the year, if things went well.

Another update from them:
  • Please fill in your shipping information via the survey we sent on 5/16. We cannot send you the reward unless you do that.
  1. We have been doing testing and we are very happy with the performance of the wheel cover.
  2. We are confirmed to sample the tooling again next Thursday. We will be doing more tests on those new part samples and expect that to be final.
  3. With the tooling fine tuning at the moment we are not able to realistically ship any rewards in until mid next month. As much as we are rushing this job we don't want to cut any corners.
Thank you for your patience.

Stay safe.

Latest update from them:

"Last sampling went well but another fine-tuning was needed, which is underway at the moment. We are scheduled to sample again in two weeks and retest. This is offsetting our schedule again and pushing us into the holiday season.

Realistically we are looking at shipping in January for both colors now.

We appreciate your patience, we want to get you a perfect product and know it will be worth the wait."

Welp, looks like it might be right that things won't get shipped until next year.

Yeah, I guess I'm doing the same, and leaving on a cross country road trip in Dec. with my ugly factory aero covers instead of these good looking aero caps.

When they become available we are in for the silvers for sure. The only site I can find is the kickstart site. Do they have their own site that we will be able to order from? An email point of contact?

Thanks in advance.

When they become available we are in for the silvers for sure. The only site I can find is the kickstart site. Do they have their own site that we will be able to order from? An email point of contact?

Thanks in advance.

As of now you can only order it from Indiegogo, with the same estimated date as the rest of the backers, which they say it will be here January next year.

Link: Orbital