Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orbital Wheel Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my own opinion, well, just my own opinion.
I think it looks better after some fitment, something like putting wheel spacers on them, or change some aftermarket wheel bolts.
something like this
and it will look more aggressive and strong after fitement.

Attachments

• Bonoss wheelbolts for vwcc-yo (1).jpg
    Bonoss wheelbolts for vwcc-yo (1).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 161
Latest update from them:

"Hello backers,

We have started local deliveries. Those of you that opted for local pickup please let us know what works for you to meet with us this week to get your set.

For the shipped pledges, please bear with us as we are getting things in motion for shipping. We are also continuing to monitor manufacturing as later pledge orders are still to be made.

Here is an updated install and uninstall walk through video. Please make sure there is no lug nut caps or center cap or rim protection bead already installed. They would interfere with the installation of the Orbital wheel cover."

So they seem to be focusing on local pickups for now... Not sure if that's fair to the earlier backers that require shipping than later local pickup backers, but we are getting closer. Not sure what's their cut off point for backer #s for shipping.

Pretty annoying that’s for sure. Perhaps they could have been working on shipping logistics while they were retooling and packaging?
I backed this thing in February? Closing in on a year. Such is life. I’m not really annoyed other than the fact I’m probably going to trading in for an Y or an X by the time they get these to me. So maybe I’ll have mine up for sale. I got the black ones.

Pretty annoying that’s for sure. Perhaps they could have been working on shipping logistics while they were retooling and packaging?
I backed this thing in February? Closing in on a year. Such is life. I’m not really annoyed other than the fact I’m probably going to trading in for an Y or an X by the time they get these to me. So maybe I’ll have mine up for sale. I got the black ones.

I’d be interested, I’ll private message you

If you sell them, let me know. I am in AZ too.

I was part of their Kickstarter. They sent an update a couple weeks ago stating they are " getting things in motion for shipping" (whatever that means). Have not received any further updates.

They have done some local pickup deliveries and I believe they are in Ohio if you are near them.

I am part of the day 1 supporters for the Kickstarter project, man, it's been a year already.

They apparently posted a comment (instead of an update) about a day ago:

"Guys, we are working hard to get them out there to you. We are making more product as I type to fulfill all orders. We are onboarding a new fulfilment company and should have product flowing though shipping soon. We get the frustration, it just takes time to get everything lined up. The project has not stalled for a second."

I think I am about to lose my patience, about half a year delay from the original delivery date, not entirely sure if COVID is on the blame for this.

I am part of the day 1 supporters for the Kickstarter project, man, it's been a year already.

They apparently posted a comment (instead of an update) about a day ago:

"Guys, we are working hard to get them out there to you. We are making more product as I type to fulfill all orders. We are onboarding a new fulfilment company and should have product flowing though shipping soon. We get the frustration, it just takes time to get everything lined up. The project has not stalled for a second."

I think I am about to lose my patience, about half a year delay from the original delivery date, not entirely sure if COVID is on the blame for this.

A lot of people mistake a kickstarter campaign for a pre order campaign, they are not the same. Kickstarter (in general) should be viewed as extremely BUYER BEWARE, with the expectation that if you actually receive a product you supported, at any point, thats a big win (regardless of when you get it).

Its basically a donation, not a pre order, at least thats the way I look at it. I dont think they are under any real legal obligation to deliver (or refund if they cant deliver) unlike pre ordering a product.

It's pretty normal for these kickstarters to have long delays. I backed this one on indiegogo, my assumption is there is a risk the company fails and I lose my money, and an absolute certainty that thif they are successful it will take them much longer than they first thought.
Just have patience, and one day it will arrive and you will have a nice surprise.

Latest update from them:

"We just got confirmation that we can start scheduling trucks to ship product to the fulfilment warehouse starting next Thursday. Once they arrive we will be sending tracking #s. Black is coming first. Silver to follow. We have some very few going out now that we had in the system for shipment setup.

Thank you for your support and patience."

FINALLY some good news, hopefully they really mean it this time.

From Orbital today:

“Hello backers

We just got confirmation that we can start scheduling trucks to ship product to the fulfilment warehouse starting next Thursday. Once they arrive we will be sending tracking #s. Black is coming first. Silver to follow. We have some very few going out now that we had in the system for shipment setup.

Thank you for your continuous support and patience.”