Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orbital Wheel Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
finally someone doing proper pictures with tire shine (or at least a reasonably new tire). The rims are gonna look *sugar* in a picture if the tire is light grey, regardless how good the.... cover looks.
Yeah I agree. The covers don’t look great unless the tire is shined. I don’t plan on doing that all the time. I wonder if I should switch to the silver color. May look better on my msm 3. I hope someone sends pictures of the silver one soon.

Reactions: Dre78
Yeah I agree. The covers don’t look great unless the tire is shined. I don’t plan on doing that all the time. I wonder if I should switch to the silver color. May look better on my msm 3. I hope someone sends pictures of the silver one soon.

Honestly, thats how it is with any rim. The entire wheel looks better when the tire is cleaned with tire shine. The difference is that the rim will also get dusty/dirty at the same time so it's less noticeable than what pictures in this thread shows.

Examples:

Anyone want my black orbitals? I'm never gonna be able to keep my tires clean and shiny enough. PM me if so.

And a word of warning: either use a suction cup, a wood chisel, or a nonflexible putty knife to remove the center cap. Even a small screwdriver isn't sharp enough to get under the lip, and you can easily scratch the bejesus out of the cap if it doesn't. Of course also use a cloth or other item to protect the face of the wheel cover if you pry against it. The other three caps and all the overs are mint condition, and none of them has been on except for the minutes used to take pictures for this thread.

Attachments

• P3150995.JPG
    P3150995.JPG
    535.4 KB · Views: 244
Anyone want my black orbitals? I'm never gonna be able to keep my tires clean and shiny enough. PM me if so.

And a word of warning: either use a suction cup, a wood chisel, or a nonflexible putty knife to remove the center cap. Even a small screwdriver isn't sharp enough to get under the lip, and you can easily scratch the bejesus out of the cap if it doesn't. Of course also use a cloth or other item to protect the face of the wheel cover if you pry against it. The other three caps and all the overs are mint condition, and none of them has been on except for the minutes used to take pictures for this thread.

i just had my contribution refunded for the same exact reason - i just dont think ill ever be able to maintain my tires in a way to make these look good. they are almost too shiny

Interested. Pm me. Price?

i just had my contribution refunded for the same exact reason - i just dont think ill ever be able to maintain my tires in a way to make these look good. they are almost too shiny

just put sealant or ceramic coating on them. you probs should put at least spray rinseoff sealant on the car anyway. The rotatry force of the wheels will keep the aeros look brand new.

my aeros always look brand new because of that.