Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orbital Wheel Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some pictures of the black covers for the deep blue metallic paint + chrome delete fans, for your viewing pleasure :)

Attachments

• 20210326_145746.jpg
    20210326_145746.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 637
  • 20210326_145830.jpg
    20210326_145830.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 262
  • 20210326_145936.jpg
    20210326_145936.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 257
  • 20210326_150208.jpg
    20210326_150208.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 243
Here are some pictures of the black covers for the deep blue metallic paint + chrome delete fans, for your viewing pleasure :)

This looks fine with non-shiny tires. I think people are overreacting and probably have never have owned a black car or black rims (you either clean it constantly or learn to deal with how they look). Like I said before, the pictures are taken when the covers are brand new. Expect them to get worn down and dirty similarly to the tire. Rimetrix didn't somehow discover a revolutionary way to keep blacks used on a car looking pristine all the time Looks better than the stock Aero covers in every way.

Last edited:
This looks fine with non-shiny tires. I think people are overreacting and probably have never have owned a black car or black rims (you either clean it constantly or learn to deal with how they look). Like I said before, the pictures are taken when the covers are brand new. Expect them to get worn down and dirty similarly to the tire. Rimetrix didn't somehow discover a revolutionary way to keep blacks used on a car looking pristine all the time Looks better than the stock Aero covers in every way.
Im also one of those people who never had a black car and thought " id save the 2k aud on paint by just taking black. Black looks quite good anyway". It looks good the day it gets cleaned.............

hopefully their estimate of shipping this week for 600 and below on indiegogo this week is right

yap got my tracking number yesterday. some guy posted an efficiency test and they are very slightly more efficient than no covers apparently !!
However, unclear how rimax did theyr own test. From the shape it looks like they could be more efficient in crosswinds so in real life driving they might achieve similar efficiency.

I remember there is a wheelset for road bikes which apparently is very efficient but does really crap in labtests because the main efficiency gain is during crosswinds which arent assessed in the lab.

I ran an efficiency test with my new Orbitals.

Long story short, found them to be almost as efficient over a 20 mile loop as the Tesla aeros. 247 Wh/Mi vs 246 Wh/Mi at 75mph. These guys put out a great product!

yeah interesting. there was another test on youtube where the tester found them much more efficient than the aeros and one where one tester found them to be less efficient. i guess there are so many variables to account for it is hard. I would presume that their claim of them being maybe 0.5% more efficient is true as they likely did test this in a lab.

yeah interesting. there was another test on youtube where the tester found them much more efficient than the aeros and one where one tester found them to be less efficient. i guess there are so many variables to account for it is hard. I would presume that their claim of them being maybe 0.5% more efficient is true as they likely did test this in a lab.

The test where the Orbitals were a lot more efficient than the aeros had very low Wh/Mi, which makes me believe they weren't going very fast. That kind of defeats the purpose of a wind drag efficiency test... The next test was only 5 miles out and back and didn't include a warm-up run for the battery, so both of those factors most likely skewed the results. Definitely looking forward to people doing more tests.

The test where the Orbitals were a lot more efficient than the aeros had very low Wh/Mi, which makes me believe they weren't going very fast. That kind of defeats the purpose of a wind drag efficiency test... The next test was only 5 miles out and back and didn't include a warm-up run for the battery, so both of those factors most likely skewed the results. Definitely looking forward to people doing more tests.

doesnt matter. if they were going slow then the tesla aeros also arent as good. What matters which one is better. one could argue that at higher speeds turbulence might be more prominent with the orbital ones which may lower their efficiency slightly compared to a lower speed test.