Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orbital

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be honest - I've backed on Kickstarter projects and got the products after 2 years. But they do show up. Ahm. okay may be not entirely true. Anway it is what it is..

And yes it's about $300 AUD all up.

But my car is on stealth wrap with these wheel (plates?) it will look awesomeeee..

Yeah I'd prefer matteoor satin finish too. But the current 20" sport wheels on performance model 3 iirc are glossy finish and they look great.

I have requested the shipping cost to be reduced to Australia. They are going to look into it.

If you have ordered one it'd be good if you put a suggestion in campaign comments to reduce shipping cost as well to increase the chances of it happening.

I backed. Hoping with their "triple the funding target in 24 hours" shenanigans they end up coming out with more than just gloss black (want matte or satin black please...)
I'm just going to try to Plastidip them. It is cheap, easy, robust and reversible. I've done wheels before and it looks good with many finish and color options available (I have only ever done Satin Black - I'm not brave enough to sport the Blue that would match our cars). ...Also it is easy to fix mild gutter rash.

I'm just going to try to Plastidip them. It is cheap, easy, robust and reversible. I've done wheels before and it looks good with many finish and color options available (I have only ever done Satin Black - I'm not brave enough to sport the Blue that would match our cars). ...Also it is easy to fix mild gutter rash.
Yeah, good call, I'll probably look into getting it dipped as well.

I wrote a comment in the campaign to say I'm interested in matte or satin look if it can be achieved and replied saying they'll look into it.

Looks like they are working towards tooling kickoff this month which sounded promising. Hope they can deliver satin look and by July.

If you're a backer you can write a comment that you'll be interested in it too so it increases the chances.

HTH.

If anybody is curious then I have installed these now. I plastidipped them in matt black to make for (theoretically) very easy gutter rash repairs. They lock in very well and protect the edge of the rims.
orbital 1.jpg

orbital 2.jpg

Reactions: Hairyman