Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ORd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered a model3 but gutted that I didn't reaslise the autopilot went up $1000. Having said that though I was playing around in the website and the following came up.... Can't be correct can it? I mean I may as well wait until after it's delivered?

Just ordered a model3 but gutted that I didn't reaslise the autopilot went up $1000. Having said that though I was playing around in the website and the following came up.... Can't be correct can it? I mean I may as well wait until after it's delivered?

Do you mean you mistakenly ordered $7,000 Self Driving and thought it was still $6,000 and you don't want to pay the higher price and now you wonder how to remove the mistake?

Do you mean you mistakenly ordered $7,000 Self Driving and thought it was still $6,000 and you don't want to pay the higher price and now you wonder how to remove the mistake?

No sorry the picture didn't appear (See below). I want the full self-driving but the website is claiming that if I order now it's $7000 but if I wait it's $6000 after delivery.... Doesn't seem right to me

upload_2019-11-1_16-17-24.png

No sorry the picture didn't appear (See below). I want the full self-driving but the website is claiming that if I order now it's $7000 but if I wait it's $6000 after delivery.... Doesn't seem right to me

Thanks for the clarification. It does make sense now!

1) It's a website mistake due to the newly increased price and someone is on autopilot sleeping on the wheel and still had the $6,000 on the web.

2) If you follow Tesla enough, you would realize that its offer is not sealed until you seal up the deal.

That means even though it clearly says you'll get $6,000 after delivery but since you have not received the delivery yet, Tesla can increase the after-delivery price at any time.

Thus, you cannot seal the $6,000 deal yet because you did not get a delivery.

And of course, while you are waiting for the delivery to pay $6,000, the website has changed and you can no longer have that deal.

In summary, it's good to be happy that you could get the $6,000 price in theory but in practice, your chance is gone, sorry!