Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order an CPO tesla in Quebec , live in ontario, did I just screw myself?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New poster here but lurked around here for a while.

I just place an order on a CPO tesla model 3 LR yesterday and when though the online procedures, and at the start they actually let me pick the Ottawa location to pickup the car!

I did notice the header saying " Located in Laval and available for delivery and registration within QC" but figure worst case ill just drive down the Laval and pick it up myself.

I called my local tesla store for some question about the financing and the person caught on the fact that i'm trying to buy a QC car and their current policy they won't transfer the car AND need to live in Quebec to register the car since they don't issue temp plates. and the worst part is that the $100 deposit is non refundable! the guy i talk to seem knowledgeable but seem some new tesla policy really tied his hand on handling thing, the best he could do is set my pickup location back to Laval and let them deal with it.

But WTF tesla, you bury your new policy in a FAQ that is not even easily accessible!

Can I pick up a car in a different province than where it will be registered?
No. For orders made on or after April 29, 2021, all Tesla used vehicles must be delivered and registered within the province that they are located at time of order. We will no longer be able to provide (or accept) temporary or transfer registration in order to facilitate the transport of the vehicle out-of-province."

am I totally ****ed out of my $100 since is "non refundable" ? in the worst case can i even registrator a car in Quebec with an ontario driver licence and deal with the transfer myself?

As far as i know any dealer in Quebec can issue transits plate and that now people in ontario buy car in Quebec for many years. there may be an issue with taxes but I don't mind getting double tax since i know i can get it back eventually.

they should of just say you need to be a resident of Quebec to buy this CPO car if that the case...

also how do u contact someone in sale with tesla? is next to impossible to contact someone.

They canceled my order without telling me and when i visited the store in ottawa fthey just referred to their policy of no refunds on the deposit.

im just going to file a chargeback on my credit card since i got leg to stand on due to the wording on their site. I really want a FSD tesla but donno if this stress is worth it.
cant believe buying a used car for $50k is this stressful esp with tesla.

delivery + registration in Quebec does not equal to being a Quebec resident as a temp plate is consider a valid form of registration in quebec.

i personally dont blame the sale person since their hand are tied, so a chargeback is the best way to deal with this since it will light some fire on tesla ass.

delivery + registration in Quebec does not equal to being a Quebec resident as a temp plate is consider a valid form of registration in quebec.

i personally dont blame the sale person since their hand are tied, so a chargeback is the best way to deal with this since it will light some fire on tesla ass.
Depends on if your bank sides with you on it. *shrug* Let us know how this plays out.