Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order before date for Tax credit a little early in the year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just me, or was the "Order before October 15th for the tax credit" a little early in the year? I looked and the estimate for a M3 RWD is still "within 4 weeks" meaning mid-November. A MS order delivery estimate is still saying "November".
That's about a month cushion for minor delays.
Am I missing something? Shouldn't this message pop up closer to late November, where 4 weeks would be close to Dec. 31st?
Are they anticipating extra demand..?
Is it too late for to get a Tesla with a tax credit now that it's past the October 15th deadline?

Last year, I ordered my MS on 10/30 and picked up 12/26. I could have picked up the car 12/22, but wanted to wait until after Christmas. This year there will probably be a boatload more orders, so it probably isn't too far off.

Last year, I ordered my MS on 10/30 and picked up 12/26. I could have picked up the car 12/22, but wanted to wait until after Christmas. This year there will probably be a boatload more orders, so it probably isn't too far off.

2016 ordered Oct 22 and received 12 23. I assumed things were getting faster with S and X deliveries though.