Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order change affect delivery date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MYLR on 7/21; current estimated delivery is 11/8-28.

If I change my order to the Performance model, will I go to the back of the line, so to speak, or will my delivery date remain as it is now?

Thanks!

Any changes made to your existing order (unless it’s changing the payment option AFTER you’ve already received a VIN), will bump you to the end of the lime in the waiting queue. And that doesn’t include any change fees or price adjustments that would also be made.

As for switching to a Performance, it’ll be like putting in a new order right now but talk to your SA to see what they can do about the $250 order deposit, and see if they can just re-use your existing $100 order deposit from your current order. Also, the Perf cars already have a much sooner EDD, so it should get delivered in 4-5 weeks instead of waiting 4-5 months on the LR order.

Any changes made to your existing order (unless it’s changing the payment option AFTER you’ve already received a VIN), will bump you to the end of the lime in the waiting queue. And that doesn’t include any change fees or price adjustments that would also be made.

As for switching to a Performance, it’ll be like putting in a new order right now but talk to your SA to see what they can do about the $250 order deposit, and see if they can just re-use your existing $100 order deposit from your current order. Also, the Perf cars already have a much sooner EDD, so it should get delivered in 4-5 weeks instead of waiting 4-5 months on the LR order.
I changed my order from a Long Range to a Performance. Advisor said it should speed up the delivery date. My account updated with the new car details, but not the estimated delivery date. Was told that will update soon.

I changed my order from a Long Range to a Performance. Advisor said it should speed up the delivery date. My account updated with the new car details, but not the estimated delivery date. Was told that will update soon.

That change would make your delivery faster since you can get a Performance in 4-5 weeks, instead of waiting 4-5 months for a LR. However, you're put at the end of the Performance line and will need to wait that 4-5 weeks. But if your LR order was much further out to begin with, then yes your SA is correct and you'll get the Perf faster than the LR.

Any changes you make to an existing order, before receiving your VIN, will 'reset' your order and bump you to the back of the line. That includes making any future changes to your Performance order, as that'll reset your 4-5 week wait time.

Reactions: Macroach
That change would make your delivery faster since you can get a Performance in 4-5 weeks, instead of waiting 4-5 months for a LR. However, you're put at the end of the Performance line and will need to wait that 4-5 weeks. But if your LR order was much further out to begin with, then yes your SA is correct and you'll get the Perf faster than the LR.

Any changes you make to an existing order, before receiving your VIN, will 'reset' your order and bump you to the back of the line. That includes making any future changes to your Performance order, as that'll reset your 4-5 week wait time.
yeah, my LR showed January :) I still haven't seen the estimated times change, but I am optimistic mine will change soon.

Hello everyone! I ordered my Y on 5/17 and every few weeks delivery date is extended by 2-3 weeks. Just the other day my delivery date was changed to November. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
You could check out the delivery time thread where most folks are active.

I would have taken the performance model instead of the MYLR, if not for the lower ground clearance in MLP. Living in snow country, ground clearance is extremely important. For low ground clearance, after a heavy snow fall, the wheels lose contact with the ground and the car will not move. That is why pickups with large ground clearances are popular.

Reactions: cusetownusa
Humble request: Board members please click on ACCOUNT and enter your details in the CUSTOM TITLE field. That way everyone can understand when you ordered, what you ordered, where you ordered from and when your EDD is or when you got your VIN

Ordered a MYLR 4 days ago with the following config:
- 19'' wheels
- White/Black
- 7 seater

Estimated delivery date was March.

Yesterday, I changed my order to 20'' wheels.

Now the delivery date is December 16 - January 15.

Yay, but - kinda hoping it doesn't get delivered until 2022!

Ordered a MYLR 4 days ago with the following config:
- 19'' wheels
- White/Black
- 7 seater

Estimated delivery date was March.

Yesterday, I changed my order to 20'' wheels.

Now the delivery date is December 16 - January 15.

Yay, but - kinda hoping it doesn't get delivered until 2022!
That’s awesome, many of us with mid-August to September ODs are seeing a generic March EDD. Perhaps Fremont will continue to produce MYs for the West Coast while those of us out East await the Austin ramp up. I hope it sticks, if you’re waiting for EV tax credit news I feel you on wanting it early ‘22.

Where do you guys see your EDD? I have never seen EDD after booking, just on the order screen when one tries to order a vehicle.
1632199202047.png

1632199238432.png

Where do you guys see your EDD? I have never seen EDD after booking, just on the order screen when one tries to order a vehicle.
View attachment 712262
View attachment 712263
on the top right where it says view design details.. you should have a date under that information.. just keep an eye on it and you should see something pop up hopefully soon.. i had an EDD then it disappeared .. hopefully we both get a date soon :D

It always brings me to login screen requiring entering email, password and then my authentication screen. I never have an option to enter Reservation number.
I’m in the exact same boat. Only thing I’ve ever seen in terms of EDD was when I was building the car and placing the order on 9/17. I asked my SA if that was normal and he basically said yes. From asking around I think we may see an EDD around two weeks since order. Of course that date will change and/or disappear. When did you order?