Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order change affect delivery date?

ArrogantSeeker

MYLR7 | RED/Black | 19’’ | OD: 8/1 | DD: 11/9
Aug 9, 2021
Chicago, IL
I’m in the exact same boat. Only thing I’ve ever seen in terms of EDD was when I was building the car and placing the order on 9/17. I asked my SA if that was normal and he basically said yes. From asking around I think we may see an EDD around two weeks since order. Of course that date will change and/or disappear. When did you order?
Give it a little bit of time. Our EDDs haven't updated in a few weeks. The focus is on orders to be delivered EOQ. We will be next in line.

45thParallel

Sep 5, 2021
Minnesota
I’m in the exact same boat. Only thing I’ve ever seen in terms of EDD was when I was building the car and placing the order on 9/17. I asked my SA if that was normal and he basically said yes. From asking around I think we may see an EDD around two weeks since order. Of course that date will change and/or disappear. When did you order?
I ordered on 9/6. So exactly 18 days back. No EDD as yet.

wtfismyMY

Sep 24, 2021
austin,tx
I changed my order from a Long Range to a Performance. Advisor said it should speed up the delivery date. My account updated with the new car details, but not the estimated delivery date. Was told that will update soon.
Did they charge you the additional $150? And also if you have used a referral code for ordering your LR, did they still honor that?

JohnCostanzo

Aug 20, 2021
Covington, WA
Did they charge you the additional $150? And also if you have used a referral code for ordering your LR, did they still honor that?
I wasn't charged any additional money. I got the referral credit. All my Sale person did was move the order over. I texted him and got a call that morning. FYI, I have my new car now. 1st week - so far no issues.

ArrogantSeeker

Aug 9, 2021
Chicago, IL
I'm still struggling to find the right contact to help me do this switch! my account does not show the edit button! and I am not sure who my SA is! Any suggestions?
Call the nearest SC/Gallery and talk to someone there to change it for you. Or the 800 customer service number.

ArrogantSeeker

Aug 9, 2021
Chicago, IL
SC/Gallery do not answer calls...will try the customer service..thanks!
You are welcome. If they aren't too far from you, I suggest going in. I did a few test drives and ended up grabbing a few names so when I ordered, I called them and spoke to them about changes and corrections.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC