Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order change between SR+/LR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie here with a question. I recently ordered an SR+, and the SA in the store mentioned that I can always change the configuration later. For context, I'm waffling between the SR+/LR and figured I would use the tax credit as the deciding factor (I'm not expecting delivery until Sept). However, I also figure that if the tax credit does get passed, pricing is likely to change (this is why I went ahead and ordered).

Has anyone had experience with trying to upgrade to LR or downgrade from LR to SR+ after prices have been changed? My other option is to order one of each, and just sacrifice the $100 but figured I'd at least ask.

Thanks!

Newbie here with a question. I recently ordered an SR+, and the SA in the store mentioned that I can always change the configuration later. For context, I'm waffling between the SR+/LR and figured I would use the tax credit as the deciding factor (I'm not expecting delivery until Sept). However, I also figure that if the tax credit does get passed, pricing is likely to change (this is why I went ahead and ordered).

Has anyone had experience with trying to upgrade to LR or downgrade from LR to SR+ after prices have been changed? My other option is to order one of each, and just sacrifice the $100 but figured I'd at least ask.

Thanks!

If you change your order in any fashion, the pricing becomes what is in place when you change it, not what is in place when you ordered. So, you are stuck with a SR+ at current pricing, or if you change the order, whatever the price is when you change it for whatever you change it to.

You are only locking in pricing on that specific configuration right now. Any other config will be as if you ordered it at the time you changed it.

Thanks!
I don’t know how many times it can be said, the tax credit is not happening. Do not base your purchase decision around it.