Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order changed from P85+ to P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I officially changed my order from a fully equipped P85 (no jump seats) to an equivalent P85D. My price increase was $13,500 ($129,470 to $142,970) and I lost the Paint Armor but gained AWD, better seats and autopilot. The speed increase was really not a factor for me, but it will be fun entering on-ramps! Also bought the 21 inch winter rims/tires to match the summer rims.

Call Tesla in Fremont to change order

How did you change your order. Here in Canada they sales people don't know if that is even possible. I have a late November delivery and I definitely would like to change it. My status says that "I am in queue for production". I definitely don't want an orphan on delivery.

Osama, I am also in Toronto and had a P85 order confirmed for a December delivery. When the announcement was made about the P85D, I called the local guys and got the same crickets on how to change. I then immediately called Tesla in Fremont and spoke to Sales and they were able to change my order to the P85D (under a new Res number) with my deposit transferred. I now have a confirmed P85D for a December delivery.

If you haven't, call them ASAP.

@ Osama

If you haven't already, then do what GetAmped said above. I changed over my P85+ build to a P85D first thing last Friday morning... infact my previous build had completed 1 or 2 days BEFORE the Oct.9 'unveil' and was being prepped for pick up or delivery! I was supposed to get it this week or next!

I had initially thought I'd be losing my $2500 deposit, but they just rolled it into my new build :) Now just have to wait all over again until Dec.

The only thing I wish was different is that I've lost the ambient lighting option now... as I don't want the nappa leather upgrade and can't see myself forking over $4200 just for the lighting.

I'm simultaneously very happy that Tesla has such an AWESOME new car... that the guys that has P85s ordered are being treated well by Tesla :biggrin: AND that the car I own is no longer my dream car :cursing:....

Well, there's no way I could have waited 2 more years :wink:... I enjoyed being 1 of 3000 Tesla drivers in the world while it lasted.