Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Changed to 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I would be driving the fist one for 8 years...things do change

That's what happens when the car just keeps getting better and better and better :smile:

BTW..did you see the threads that mention that the price of the premium package is supposed to go down to $3,000 - $3,500? Hopefully, you can get a credit for the difference.

Website changed. Premium package is now $3,000 and they got rid of silver and the dark blue!

Last edited:
That's what happens when the car just keeps getting better and better and better :smile:

BTW..did you see the threads that mention that the price of the premium package is supposed to go down to $3,000 - $3,500? Hopefully, you can get a credit for the difference.

Website changed. Premium package is now $3,000 and they got rid of silver and the dark blue!

Wow, a lot of changes. Lots of verbal traffic on TM forum about the changes and the Premium package. TM listens to feedback and they adjusted the option packages. Message here is that TM has people that read the forums and listen to owner feedback.

There's now a Midnight Silver Metallic. Warm Silver has been renamed Titanium Metallic. Regular white is gone too. So now for white there's only Pearl White - its beautiful as always.

Also, if you select Alcantara headliner at the top to get black upper trim, it automatically signs you up/selects the Premium Interior and Lighting option for you. Unselect Premium package and it unselects Alcantara (black) headliner trim.

With Wednesday's change the Premium package to get Power liftgate has changed from $5,000 to $3,000. Between Wednesday and Friday the Alcantara (black) headliner trim was shown as $ 1750 upgrade over the lighter trim. Now part of the $3,000 Premium package includes/pays for the Alcantara (black) headliner trim. Since the two things I would want more from the Premium package is the power liftgate and the Alcantara (black) headliner trim, that means the power liftgate is valued at about $1350 or so. That's a much better bundle.

One thing in particular that I am happy about the 70 for all you folks is Supercharging. Its a nice to have - especially if you (lucky you live Hawaii and) do a "papafox stunt". I mean they have in effect removed the decision for you on the 70D of selecting Supercharging. Who knows if it will ever be useful here, but nice that its included for all those new 70D purchases, regardless of where you live.

Last edited:
Wow, a lot of changes. Lots of verbal traffic on TM forum about the changes and the Premium package. TM listens to feedback and they adjusted the option packages. Message here is that TM has people that read the forums and listen to owner feedback.

There's now a Midnight Silver Metallic. Warm Silver has been renamed Titanium Metallic. Regular white is gone too. So now for white there's only Pearl White - its beautiful as always.

Also, if you select Alcantara headliner at the top to get black upper trim, it automatically signs you up/selects the Premium Interior and Lighting option for you. Unselect Premium package and it unselects Alcantara (black) headliner trim.

With Wednesday's change the Premium package to get Power liftgate has changed from $5,000 to $3,000. Between Wednesday and Friday the Alcantara (black) headliner trim was shown as $ 1750 upgrade over the lighter trim. Now part of the $3,000 Premium package includes/pays for the Alcantara (black) headliner trim. Since the two things I would want more from the Premium package is the power liftgate and the Alcantara (black) headliner trim, that means the power liftgate is valued at about $1350 or so. That's a much better bundle.

One thing in particular that I am happy about the 70 for all you folks is Supercharging. Its a nice to have - especially if you (lucky you live Hawaii and) do a "papafox stunt". I mean they have in effect removed the decision for you on the 70D of selecting Supercharging. Who knows if it will ever be useful here, but nice that its included for all those new 70D purchases, regardless of where you live.
and did you notice that the only 21" wheel option is Grey Turbine. no Silver.
No more Silver paint but I like the titanium, maybe time for a an upgrade:confused:, but I think I would need to get above the average $80K for a 2012 S (from an online price search):wink: I wonder if I can order the same VIN.
and deliveries jumped from May to June overnight.

and did you notice that the only 21" wheel option is Grey Turbine. no Silver.
No more Silver paint but I like the titanium, maybe time for a an upgrade:confused:, but I think I would need to get above the average $80K for a 2012 S (from an online price search):wink: I wonder if I can order the same VIN. and deliveries jumped from May to June overnight.

Go for it ! If there's anyone that TM would repeat a VIN for, I am sure it is you. :biggrin:

So my estimated delivery time is June 3- June 22nd. Around when I expected it would come...I picked up my last car on June 22nd..maybe that will happen again? :smile:

Not only has the car improved alot, so has the delivery process...seems much more structured now. There's a pre-delivery checklist now with an estimated timeline for different events and instructions on next steps. Before we had to track down the DS and ask questions, now they seem more accessible.

The rest of the story

Had a 60 in the production queue, and changed it to a 70D today. $500 hit, but figured it would be better to be the first 70D off the line than the last 60.
UNBELIEVABLE - They refunded my $500! Since I didn't change options, they are classifying my "change" as un "upgrade" to current specs rather than an "order change".

So my estimated delivery time is June 3- June 22nd. Around when I expected it would come...I picked up my last car on June 22nd..maybe that will happen again? :smile:

Not only has the car improved alot, so has the delivery process...seems much more structured now. There's a pre-delivery checklist now with an estimated timeline for different events and instructions on next steps. Before we had to track down the DS and ask questions, now they seem more accessible.

Congrats on you new order Nanimac- your 70D is gonna be winnahs!

Was charging in Fremont this evening and happened to see something you might enjoy :)

IMG_5005.JPG
IMG_5003.JPG
IMG_5004.JPG

View attachment 78015View attachment 78016View attachment 78017View attachment 78018View attachment 78019

Was charging in Fremont this evening and happened to see something you might enjoy :)

View attachment 78015View attachment 78016View attachment 78017View attachment 78018View attachment 78019

Thanks aloha tesla! It's beautiful! Same interior color too. The color is still a chameleon of sorts since it looks dark blue in some pics and deep blue in others! Can't wait to see one in person...especially when it's mine :biggrin:

View attachment 78007View attachment 78008View attachment 78009

I saw a blue 70D last Saturday when I was at Fremont, but it was by the charging station. This one looks like it's under the delivery tents. Does that mean someone's picking one up soon?