Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Changed to 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yikes! I know how frustrated you must be. And yes all will be better once you sit in your new car but the extended wait sucks. Did you ask them what the "glitch" was?
I asked what the "glitch" was but they are not forthcoming. They say there were a few others in the same boat. My guess is faulty paint job. But would like to hear it from them.

I asked what the "glitch" was but they are not forthcoming. They say there were a few others in the same boat. My guess is faulty paint job. But would like to hear it from them.

Yeah, I doubt they'll tell you the exact reason because they don't want to highlight the inevitable glitches that occur with any car factory. In the past, Tesla has remained mostly silent about such things. There was some information revealed when an insufficient quantity of 2nd generation seats could be sourced, but that's just about the only time I heard an explanation for delays or redos.

Looking forward to saying hi to you two at TMC Connect. Hawaii will have a fun bunch there this year.

Yeah, I doubt they'll tell you the exact reason because they don't want to highlight the inevitable glitches that occur with any car factory. In the past, Tesla has remained mostly silent about such things. There was some information revealed when an insufficient quantity of 2nd generation seats could be sourced, but that's just about the only time I heard an explanation for delays or redos.

Looking forward to saying hi to you two at TMC Connect. Hawaii will have a fun bunch there this year.
Yeah, that blue paint is probably the reason.:rolleyes: Insufficient 2nd gen seats seems a stretch since that Australian company makes them right in the tesla factory.:redface:

Hey papafox ! Have you received the final paperwork on your D? Paid the bill yet? I was wondering if they charged you sales tax for OR or WA ?
Are you going to put a Hawaii license plate on it to drive around the mainland?

The car is going to be registered in Oregon with an Oregon address. I have a garage storage unit for $125/mo. in the Portland area, so there's no sales tax as long as I base the car in Oregon and don't bring it to Hawaii for more than a specific period of time. If I decide that the 70D is going to become my Hawaii car, then I would have to pay Hawaii excise taxes before I could register it in Hawaii.

The car is going to be registered in Oregon with an Oregon address. I have a garage storage unit for $125/mo. in the Portland area, so there's no sales tax as long as I base the car in Oregon and don't bring it to Hawaii for more than a specific period of time. If I decide that the 70D is going to become my Hawaii car, then I would have to pay Hawaii excise taxes before I could register it in Hawaii.

Real world problems. Must be nice to have a Tesla in every city :wink:

While working to get the mainland road trip in order is a wonderful but time-consuming endeavor, I must keep my eye on the ball, which is to take delivery of my 70D before Nanimac gets hers ; )

Oh, I would not worry about that. She must be weeks out after all she didn't get her order in - in time.

Where are you? Have you left for the mainland yet? When were you scheduled for delivery?

While working to get the mainland road trip in order is a wonderful but time-consuming endeavor, I must keep my eye on the ball, which is to take delivery of my 70D before Nanimac gets hers ; )

Saw the first ocean blue Tesla in Hawaii at the SC today....MINE!!!!!!!!

image.jpg

There's a warm silver/titanium there too...pretty nice! Also have the dual motor chassis display finally..and a new person ...Jeanie who handles the parts..lots of new stuff at the SC! But my car is the best new thing there :wink:

There's a warm silver/titanium there too...pretty nice! Also have the dual motor chassis display finally..and a new person ...Jeanie who handles the parts..lots of new stuff at the SC! But my car is the best new thing there :wink:

Congratulations nanimac. We are all so happy for you. And knowing him, we know that papafox is just as thrilled as we are. Beautiful color !

Jenny is working at Tesla now, too?? BMW surely got purged by Tesla! I'll have to stop by and visit again :)

yeah, we were talking about how in the beginning there was Barry and the one bay and we would all visit unannounced (like we still do) and how you wanted your car even if it wasn't detailed ( that was you right?) .lol.. That's when she said she knew you! And Barry too since he's at BMW now.

Saw the first ocean blue Tesla in Hawaii at the SC today....MINE!!!!!!!!
Wait a minute, it isn't yours:tongue: until I test drive it for you.:love:

Jeanie/Jennie? the new parts person said she used to work with you at BMW
Jenny is working at Tesla now, too?? BMW surely got purged by Tesla! I'll have to stop by and visit again :)
yeah, we were talking about how in the beginning there was Barry and the one bay and we would all visit unannounced (like we still do) and how you wanted your car even if it wasn't detailed ( that was you right?) .lol.. That's when she said she knew you! And Barry too since he's at BMW now.
I told everyone that she had applied for a job at the SC, but nobody listened to me.:tongue: did she say anything about me?:love: