Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Confirmed: Excited and Nervous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Made contact with my DS yesterday. I pick up my S November 26th! That's just under 2 months wait on a P85, currently (Ordered 9/22, Confirmed 10/1, VIN 10/8, Delivery 11/26).

My wife and I have pre-existing plans to head up to Napa on the 29th from the Bay Area. Too soon for a road trip? Looks like our hotel just has 110V EV charging and it's 85 miles or so up there. Sounds like maybe not the greatest idea if we need to drive at all while we're there.

Made contact with my DS yesterday. I pick up my S November 26th! That's just under 2 months wait on a P85, currently (Ordered 9/22, Confirmed 10/1, VIN 10/8, Delivery 11/26).

My wife and I have pre-existing plans to head up to Napa on the 29th from the Bay Area. Too soon for a road trip? Looks like our hotel just has 110V EV charging and it's 85 miles or so up there. Sounds like maybe not the greatest idea if we need to drive at all while we're there.

170 round trip? You'll be just fine even if you can't charge, depending on how much local driving you do. With a 110 even plenty of local driving shouldn't be an issue.

That would be sweet to have in Napa. Look on plugshare for higher capacity chargers in the area.

i checked and there are chargers at the Napa Premium Outlets. No fee.

Last edited:
Hi All, first post here
After agonizing for weeks, I test drove, ordered AND confirmed all on 10/5 - S85 with Tech and Air Suspension, MC Red, Performance Gray interior, Pano roof

Yes, I am excited and nervous too...No VIN yet, I anticipate a December delivery (at the Factory)

Congrats and welcome Richard. Just curious did you test drive and S or P??

170 round trip? You'll be just fine even if you can't charge, depending on how much local driving you do. With a 110 even plenty of local driving shouldn't be an issue.

I suppose I'm somewhat worried my right foot will be eager to test that extra $10k P I paid for. :wink:

That would be sweet to have in Napa. Look on plugshare for higher capacity chargers in the area.

i checked and there are chargers at the Napa Premium Outlets. No fee.

I do see a couple chargers in the area. I suspect I'd be OK. Maybe I'll see how my first few days go and try to put a good number of miles on it. I don't want some infant mortality thing to cause issues up there.

Congrats and welcome Richard. Just curious did you test drive and S or P??

We drove the S - closest to what I had decided I wanted. I also have a Lotus Elise for fun and track use - so I tend to not drive wildly on regular roads - I did purposefully find the limit of handling on the S on the freeway on-ramp, so I know its pretty good anyway and meets our needs.

Despite your reputation, I have no intent of upgrading to a P :smile:

Richard

We drove the S - closest to what I had decided I wanted. I also have a Lotus Elise for fun and track use - so I tend to not drive wildly on regular roads - I did purposefully find the limit of handling on the S on the freeway on-ramp, so I know its pretty good anyway and meets our needs.

Despite your reputation, I have no intent of upgrading to a P :smile:

Richard

i completely understand--at least you have a fun Lotus to play around with. Many just want to have a peppier ride during the week also. Either way you are going to LOVE the S.

Just had a huge debate myself over the Perfomance + pkg vs the performance with 19" wheels. Since i don't ride on a track or plan on taking hard turns at 80+mph i listened to the more sober side of brain and let the emotional side lose for once.

I have test driven the performance + and have a schedule to test the performance thursday - I still think i made the right choice - the 10-12k difference seemed to me not worth it. I passed on the extended leather and the alcantara...just seemed excessive since i'm already at 100k!!! but maybe i should have added these ugggh!!! <grin>

just pressed confirm on 10/15 Tax day!

P85 / 19"/Blue/gray leather/fog/pkg/air/tech/sound

Just had a huge debate myself over the Perfomance + pkg vs the performance with 19" wheels. Since i don't ride on a track or plan on taking hard turns at 80+mph i listened to the more sober side of brain and let the emotional side lose for once.

I have test driven the performance + and have a schedule to test the performance thursday - I still think i made the right choice - the 10-12k difference seemed to me not worth it. I passed on the extended leather and the alcantara...just seemed excessive since i'm already at 100k!!! but maybe i should have added these ugggh!!! <grin>

just pressed confirm on 10/15 Tax day!

P85 / 19"/Blue/gray leather/fog/pkg/air/tech/sound

Congrats, thats going to be a sweet ride! No Pano roof, living in LA its nice to have?

Congrats, thats going to be a sweet ride! No Pano roof, living in LA its nice to have?

I have the Jag XJL now and never use the sun roof and it has a moon roof in the back...it's always hot!

I have a jeep and never take the top off...i'm just not a pano roof guy...i'm still wondering if i should have upgraded on the interiors - alcantara/extended leather/ lighting

I did pretty much the same thing. To get the + I'd have to take two options that through test drives I knew I didn't really want, so it was something like a $13.2k (15%!) upgrade. Even coming from a car with an amazing suspension, I'll pass and tinker with it on my own.
Judge-Judy-Shake-My-Head-Gif_zps3e0e5a33.gif