Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order confirmed today. Will I get free supercharging IF tesla delays delivery to April?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered last week and confirmed my order today. It shows late March delivery and my OS told me that I will probably get the car earlier in March. My fear (I always like to think of ALL scenarios in life) is that what IF Tesla for some reason is unable to deliver the care by 3/31/17. Will I still get free supercharging for life? The stipulation from Tesla was that to get free supercharging you not only have to order by 12/31/16 (not sure if that mean place an order or confirm an order but I al confirmed as of today) but ALSO have to take delivery by 3/31/17. Now if, for some reason, and reading posts here I have seen that deliveries do get pushed due to some reason on Tesla's end, the delivery doesn't happen till after 3/31/17, will I still get free supercharging for life?

I asked this specific question to my sales rep and he explicitely stated, "You must order before 12/31/16 and take delivery before 4/1/17" no exceptions.

I asked my OA prior to placing the order and he said exactly the opposite. He said this had been discussed internally and any delays on Tesla's part would not affect free Supercharging, so long as no changes were made to the order after 12/31.

You'll get your car.

Tesla is hellbent on making quarterly numbers. They have to if they are going to survive until the 3 is out.

You're one of the first people to order for March delivery. Many people will order after you and get their car by March.

It'd be a PR nightmare for Tesla to promise lifetime SC use then defer you to Q2.

You'll get your car.

Thanks @JRMW. I spoke to my OA an he said if there is a delay on Tesla's end for some reason (although they will probably deliver earlier), and delivery has to be pushed out to April, then Tesla will still honor the free supercharging. It is highly unlikely that they would delay delivery but it is reassuring to hear that they will still honor it. In all likelihood, my OA said I should get it by mid March.

With the push back to January 15 to order a model S/X with lifetime supercharging, came a push to April 15 to accept delivery. However if Tesla is late in delivering your car, beyond April 15, you would not receive supercharging-for-life.

Here's a follow up question, what if your supercharging-for-life Tesla is totaled, not by any fault of yours, what's the possibility of your replacement car having supercharging-for-life?

With the push back to January 15 to order a model S/X with lifetime supercharging, came a push to April 15 to accept delivery. However if Tesla is late in delivering your car, beyond April 15, you would not receive supercharging-for-life.
That's not what I heard from my sales rep. The car needs to be manufactured and out the factory by april 15th for you to get the free supercharging. If it gets delayed after that (but not by you), you'll still get the free supercharging.

That's not what I heard from my sales rep. The car needs to be manufactured and out the factory by april 15th for you to get the free supercharging. If it gets delayed after that (but not by you), you'll still get the free supercharging.

+1 on that. The criteria stated on the website (and repeated by the sales folks) is that the car needed be built by April 15. Actual delivery date does not matter (perhaps, unless the buyer elects not to take delivery during their standard window--don't know about that).

They were just trying to protect themselves against a buyer who either was playing around with their system or makes changes that cause delay.